2003 Mazda Protege tach wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marcoux321 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

Question:

Hello,  I installed a remote starter on my mazda protege 2003 with your information.  And you said, the tach wire is the PURPLE / white, but he does'nt.  when you turn the key,  you have power on this wire, even if you don't star the car. 

I need a tach wire to say at my remote starter computer, if my car run or not.  But the PURPLE / white wire does'nt say that. 

Do you know which wire instead of the PURPLE / white to make that and where is he?

Thanks

Answer:

PURPLE / white behind the guage cluster or same color at the test connector under hood. drivers side firewall gray "box"

Question:

I know those wire, but like I said, even if the engine can't start when you try to start it with the remote, you get 12v on this wire. And the car doesn't try to restart.  That's sucks.

Also If you put the key on ON, you get power on this wire.  Why do you call this wire a tach wire?  Maybe I did something wrong but I don't think so really.

Please help me.  Find me an other wire instead of the f...... PURPLE / white wire? 

Fred

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Try a red or RED / green wire at one of the ignition coils.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic