icon

s-10 tach wire, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kill_stormer 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys i have a 2000 s-10 2.2L 4cyl. eng. i am looking for the tach wire to connect my alarm to.  i have seen the diagram for vehicle wiring and it says that the wire color is white, and can be found at the coil.  i have heard thought it is also at the pcm.  from looking at the pcm i see that the wires are numbered and that there are many white wires.  my question is which number is it for the tach? or is there an easier way to connect my alarm to a closer tach wire point?  maybe at the instrument panel? by the way my instrument panel does not have a tach on as many s-10 owners know and possibly going to add a small tach on the pillar later.  also i have what is called a bcm which is located at the center consol under the dash.  could the tach wire be found there too?  and suggestions would be helpful also if there is a way to find the tach wire with a multimeter which i have read about but do not fully understand?  thanks george
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
At the ECM behind the passenger's side headlight, connector marked "white", only white wire in there.
The coil is right on top of the motor, close to tranny dipstick..... white wire next to the pink wire. It may be WHITE/ black, but is usually white.
The coil is the easiest to get at, btw.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
kill_stormer 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
gus 1 thanks man it was a piece of cake after the info that you gave me i appreciate it very much.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic