icon

settings on jl 1000/1 amplifier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pdmech73 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

I have 1- 12" dual voice coil Audiobahn AW1251t subwoofer that is rated 400 rms. It is a 4ohm subwoofer but wired parallel so it's 2ohms. My amplifier is a JL 1000/1. I will upgrade to a better sub in the future but for now I am stuck. I can't figure out how to tweak my amp. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks, -Paul

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Go to JL's websight click on tutorials and go to amplifier set up. It will walk you thru the entire set up process.
There is no such thing as free installation!
pdmech73 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
I've used the JL's tutorial. I'm still not getting a decent sound. Must be that the audiobahn is sub-par?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

pdmech73 wrote:
I've used the JL's tutorial. I'm still not getting a decent sound. Must be that the audiobahn is sub-par?

No pun inteded, right?settings on jl 1000/1 amplifier -- posted image.

Perhaps you could describe what you find disappointing with the sound. Also I didn't catch what type of enclosure you are using as this can often times be the biggest factor in sound.

kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, definatly time to upgrade that sub to a nice sub, or subs.. putting a 1000/1 to an audiobahn makes me cry, you will love yourself if you change subs sooon.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
customsound79 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
I had two Audiobahn Flame 12"s (rated 1000w RMS each) when I bought my 1000/1 and they were not up to the challenge(cracking sounds), and that's after I setup the amp to JL's specs using a multimeter. I am not totaly ragging on Audiobahn, but from someone with ALOT of experience with their products, I would definitley look to another brand.
customsound79 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
In the meantime, try wiring the coils in series to reduce the power a bit and increase the SQ. also make use of the subsonic filter by setting it around 20-25hz, and the hp(high pass) between 80-100hz. I found this to yeild the best results especially if you are running 6'5 mid-bass or smaller.
brans_88_stang 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
i got a jl10w7 hooked up to a jl e6450 amp and it hits pretty hard just with that amp. i would upgrade to a set of 10w7s you cant beat them. my best buds girl friend had a system installed at dr. dashboard for 5000 dollars custom box in her blazer 3 amps 3 solobarics or what ever and my system stoops her in the mudhole  but then i heard that mtx came out with a ass stooper to lol
Brantheman

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic