trying to select an alarm 01 D Dakota QC

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tatted 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Attempting to choose an alarm

Hey guys, I normally sulk around in the audio section soaking up information here and there. But I have come to a new project that is a necessity for the truck. I need a quality alarm. I know that anything is better then nothing.  and anything is what I have there now...not quite nothing but lets get real , Dodge did not put the finest in their vehicles when making them I digress, here is what I’d like to see in an alarm:

1. 4-door window crack

2. 4-door window roll down
3. 4-door window roll up upon activation
4. autopage (more then ˝ mile would be nice)
5. starter kill
6. kill switch
7. possible multi door open or relay settings (thinking of shaving the handles, I’d like to be able to open the passenger door separately from the drivers)
8. Remote start, I wont lie I am lazy sometimes and I think its semi cool
9. hood door and tail trigger
10. All the other goodies that come with the alarms…

This is for a 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab SLT model with full power inside. I know that some try to cheap out on lower end alarms, but I am willing to go the distance with price for a good alarm. I also understand that no matter what the truck is not worth getting hurt over and if they want the ride bad enough nothing is going to keep them from it, but still I enjoy the truck and I also enjoy a good alarm (as funny as that sounds) Can anyone here recommend an alarm to look into? 

The basic difference between an ordinary
man and a warrior is that a warrior
takes everything as a challenge, while an
ordinary man takes everything as a
blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Compustar 2wfm8000as + channel expander + 4 twindow modules. This is a highly advanced install for this vehicle, wire everywhere tied into everything.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Tatted 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

is there a way for the install to be done with a limited amount of wires? I'd hate to have a butch job done. and I noticed that on the specs of the alarm there is a dedicated truck release...this could be set as the dedicated passenger front door release I am looking for, right ?

The basic difference between an ordinary
man and a warrior is that a warrior
takes everything as a challenge, while an
ordinary man takes everything as a
blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

With a shaved doorhandle kit you will need to add a cable pull solenoid more than likely as it has the strength to open a door. The trunk release output of this alarm will easily do this task. There is no way around the amount of wiring necessary to integrate into things.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic