icon

Programing new remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

I need your help. I am trying to program a 479X remote to a Matrix 1 clifford DEI alarm. I have upgraded the antenna with a responder technology antenna (2-way).

In the instruccions of my alarm it says that when adding a new remote I must program one channel first to the unit. I have followed instruccions to the "T" with no luck. This is what is going on:

1.- I changed the antenna from the one way to the 2-way antenna.

2.- I entered the program mode in my alarm by selecting the option 5 in the programing menu.

3.- I press the unlock button in my 479X remote and the alarm chirps once(now here is where it becomes tricky) I tryed to press hte same button again(like instruccions say) and the alarm does nothing, then I get a page to my remote(3 vibrations with light).

4.- I exit the program menu.

I tryed the same steps but with menu option 1, no luck, then option 8, no luck, and finally option 7 with no luck either.

What am I doing wrong?

If the antenna did not worked, I would not get the first chirp correct?

Hope someone knows how to do this, because I am do not seem to figure it out.

Thank you.

jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

I was thinking

Maybe 2-way remotes are programed,  by having the alarm in the programing mode, having the remote send a signal to the alarm and then the alarm send a signal back to the remote so the remote knows the alarm signal. Maybe my alarm is only detecting the siganl from my remote but the remote is not detecting or receiving the signal back from my alarm(if any). This might be why my remote is not letting me send the same signal again to my alarm so that my alarm can recognize the remote. It seems that the remote will only let you press one button at a time until it detects a signal back. Could I be right?

My alarm is the first Clifford Matrix 1. The remote is the Clifford 479X, and the antenna is from a python alarm, is the Directed responder technology alarm.

Could the antenna be the problem? Maybe I need the clifford responder antenna. Aren't all DEI viper, clifford, python 2-way antennas and antenna cables the same?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic