icon

Problem wiring in Toad A101CL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davemonkey 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone! My first post is asking for help i'm afraid.

I've just fitted a Toad A101CL alarm to my 1989 Austin Mini but can't get it to work yet. When i connect the battery the siren chirps twice but after that nothing seems to happen (although the unit does make a click sound when i use the keyfob). Everything seems to be connected fine (unless i've made some silly mistake). Can't understand it. For those that are familiar with the alarm i've connected it as follows:-

BLACK/ white - indicators

BLACK/ green - indicators

interior sensors are connected

GREEN/ brown - +12V

grey/white - boot pin switch

orange - ignition source

brown - siren

grey - bonnet pin switch

green - door switch circuit

black - ground

red - battery

steiny83 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
These two chirps may be a check code (diagnostic code). Look in your installation manual at the troubleshooting section. They often have a list of various codes (1 chirp, 2 chirps, 3 chirps, etc.) and the corresponding issue. This may greatly narrow your problem!
davemonkey 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to say the manual doesn't mention anything for 2 chirps, only 3 & 4. I'll have another good look tomorrow, all i can think is that it's because i've not connected a wire up. For example i connected the negative door circuit wire up because that's what it uses, but not the positive circuit wire. Not sure if all wires and connections have to be utilised. May just be trial and error with this one i think.
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
check your orange wire (ignition) if it's seeing 12v all the time then the alarm will not arm or disarm. The noises your hearing from the unit are likely to be the central locking relays this is what would happen if the ignition was on.
davemonkey 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah ok thanks, will check that asap. Also one other thing that's on my mind; i've connected up the wire for the negative door pin switches but i've left the positive one because it's not used. Is that ok or do i have to connect it also? (I guess by changing the signal to the wire).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic