icon

1999 Mercury Cougar, alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with these vehicles really. i did an alarm on one of them today and had  a couple of issues with it. first the parking lights have to be Relay Isolated rather than diode isolated from the switch. for this part you have to have 2 relays (kinda like a 5 wire lock system). second, the factory lock and unlock switch stops working if you just tap onto them. i ended up putting diodes of each to retain the button and the alarm. also, does anyone know how to determine whether these vehicles have factory security or not without arming them and letting it sit for 20 to 30 minutes? any response would be great, thanks.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
wishboneattack 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
I would use the - parking light wire, BLACK / YELLOW at the keyless module behind the glove box to flash the parking lights and not mess with the relays. Second the lock wires are YELLOW /GREEN for lock and WHITE/ black for unlock. They are negative and are located in the drivers kick panel. Diodes should not be necessary.
I may be lost but I am making good time.
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

cool, didn't have much problem with the parking lights other than have to sell the customer 2 extra relays but the locks are weird. i pulled a tech sheet from audiovox and a directwire and nothing denoted that the lock and unlock wires required diodes and yes they were neg trigger but here is the weird part. when i went straight from the alarm to the lock and unlock it would disable the factory lock/unlock switch in the door. the only thing i could think was that the alarm was allowing enough of a ground to read back thru the factory switch. as soon as i unplugged the lock/unlock wires out of the alarm everything worked as usual. anyway, never seen that before then and i guess i'll keep that nugget of info in the back of my mind the next one i do.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
NOTE *1 the FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY Module is located behind the GLOVE BOX, this wire flashes the hazard lights.
NOTE *2 these wires must be isolated with 2 relay part #775, so that the headlights do not operate with the parking lights. See DIAGRAM.
NOTE *3 the BLACK/ RED (-) is for the drivers door, and the BLACK/ GREEN (-) is for the passenger door, when connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM us both wires and DIODE ISOLATE. For Dome Light Supervision use the BLACK/ RED (-) is for the drivers door. To get to these wires, pull the fuse panel down and remove the cover.
dragon

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic