icon

jetta parking light stays on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jras_81 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have a '01 VW Jetta 2.0 GLS with a DEI Viper 600 ESP alarm installed.  i've had the alarm installed for about 3 years now and for the past 6 months, i've had a problem with the parking light staying lit when i start the car or lock it.  whenever the lights flash, while either locking, unlocking or starting the vehicle, the driver side parking/turn signal will just stay lit- front, side, and rear.  if I lock and unlock it a bunch of times to cycle the lights it will eventually turn off, but if i leave it on overnight, the battery dies and the lights get hot and melt the harneses.  I had a mechanic check it out, and he said it had to be some aftermarket wiring problem, and probably the alarm.  I also have an alpine head unit, and a pair of mtx 12" subs in the trunk, but i dont see how they could be causing the problem.  i have now unplugged the cd player, the subs and the alarm.  when i unplugged the alarm the battery back up still worked so i actually pulled out the brain and the problem still continues.  does anybody have any idea how i might possibly fix this headache? I can't tell you how much of a help it would be, the dealer already said they couldn't help.  thanks
my jetta always has a problem
electrostatic 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
has the parking light relay been checked?
jras_81 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
how do I do that?
jras_81 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
ok, what i should have said was where can i get a wiring diagram to show where the turn signal relay is located?  i know how to use an ohmeter.  i got my haynes manual, but it doesnt tell where to look for the location of the relay, just a diagram of the set up and i have not yet figured out where it is.  i have, however, taken off the white and WHITE/ black wires of the alarm that where spliced into the turn signals behind the headlight switch. the alarm brain is totally out of the car, but the harness is still hooked to the battery.  with the brain out and the white turn signal wires cut, shouldnt that totally rule out the alarm? does anybody have anything that might help me in any way with this? it would really be appreciated?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic