icon

Programmed 479p Remote to Viper 790xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
A friend of mine has a viper 790xv alarm system.  He didnt want the older style viper pager remote, so he purchased the python 479p remote from circuit city.  On various websites it says this remote will program fine with the older style viper as long as you hit the valet button 8 times instead of what it says on the packaging.,  The remote programmed fine and works with all features, but for some reason when you try to remote start, the car starts, but then stops, and starts, and never fully starts up.  The odd thing is, if u use the original remote, it works fine..  What could be the problem?
lsampson 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

you may want to check the shutdown dignostic press and hold the valet button turn the ignition on then back off, release the valet button, press and release the valet button and the led will blink with the answer as to why the remote start was unsuccessful.  let me know if you need to know what all the possiblities are but what I excpect it to be is 4 blinks which means that it was shutdown by the transmitter if this is the case it means that the 791 does not understand the command given by the new remote and you need to use the remote in the same manner as the old.  in other words on the 791 the command for remote start is pressing the * key twice which is button 4 you need to do the same on the new remote.

let me know how it turns out for you!

Sammy
lsampson 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
On other thing I just thought of does this car have a by pass module installed in it if so you may want to check the connections on it.  at the same time in re-reading your post if it works fine with the other remote then my first suggestion stands.
Sammy
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
hmm.  on the 790xv remote to start the car u hold lock and unlock.  Doing that on the python remote shows on the screen that its started, but the car doesnt stay started, it keeps trying..  Pressing the * twice sets off the panic, because on the 790xv remote there is an actual panic button.  How can I get it to start it correctly with the new remote?  Its my friends car, so its not with me now, but i want to get an idea of ow to get it to stay started.
tbone587 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
No more suggestions?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic