icon

Mitsubishi Gallant RS parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jherrick 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

Hi.  I installed a Crimestopper RS/Alarm and DEI 556U in my friend's Mitsubishi Gallant this weekend and everything works fine except that when I first tried the door lock (first button I pushed on remote after install) the fuse blew on the alarm wire going to the parking lights.  I have the wire going to the GREEN / WHITE wire by the fusebox, +12V, and there is nothing in the searches I have done here that tells me that is wrong.  Does anyone know what may have happened?  I did see one post that mentioned a relay that triggers the parking lights.  Do I need to send a - to the GREEN / WHITE wire through a relay?  Please help.  Thanks in advance.

Jim

bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

shouldn't need a relay. Problem might be occuring somewhere else, you sure you have the right wire?  lights off 0v, park on 12v, Lights on 12v.

green white is right depending on the year, the newer ones need i think green orange( like 02+)

tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

test that GREEN / WHITE wire with a volt meter and see if it actually is the parking lights.

jherrick 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

OK, I'll test it.  When I did the install, I didn't have my meter, just a test light.  I thought things were going too smoothly...

Thanks for the responses.  Never fail to get a quick, intelligent answer here.

I'll get back with everyone after I get it right, so this thread won't be left hanging.

Jim

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Some times the green and white wire  is the parking light wire it can also be the dash light dimming output  so make shure you test properly.Mitsubishi Gallant RS parking lights - Last Post -- posted image.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic