icon

Avic D1 harness?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doug702 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

I need help with my Avic D1...my installer apparently has no clue or perhaps a partial clue how to bypass the D1.  I pulled the unit and I don't see an open pin hole in my harness.  I found the cell/mute wire but it appears to already be next to the ground (black wire right?)

Avic D1 harness? -- posted image.

If he pulled the cell/mute wire and put it into the open pin hole next to the ground I still don't see an open pin hole from where the cell/mute wire would have been originally. All of the pin holes appear full.  What do I need to do to bypass this correctly???  Please help.

doug702 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I am turning to the knowledgeable people of this forum hoping that someone can confirm wether or not the cell/mute wire has indeed been moved or if it is in it's original location.  If it has been moved, what is/was the original pin hole so I can trace the wire that has been put into it's place and why.  A picture of the original harness modified or not would be great.  Even better would be if someone could provide a pictorial of the bypass instructions.  Seeing as how I haven't seen the harness prior to being installed and my installer guy said he had someone else in the shop bypass the Avic for me I have no idea what the pin hole in relation to the wires are originally.  I get the brake warning screen every time at start up but nothing seems to be bypassed so I am guessing all he did was ground the brake.  Yes, I am trying to track down the actual guy that "bypassed" the Avic D1 for me so as to get the information directly from him on what he did or thinks he did.  I am also on the verge of just buying another one to look at the harness and then return it.  I feel kinda stuck because I wanna tell my installer guy how disappointed I am that I have been back and forth for a month now with different issues that still aren't fixed, but it is hard to be mad about something they aren't supposed to be doing anyway.  Please Help!!!
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
the yellow wire with the electrical tape in the last picture is in the pin that needs to be grounded, you also need to ground the lt. green parkbrake wire.
your mute wire is in it's origional spot
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Correct.  There shouldn't be two yellow wires as shown in your third picture. 
doug702 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
So there should be only one yellow wire?  The one without the electrical tape is original, and the one with the tape is the one that needs to be grounded as well as the lt. green parking brake wire and voila????  I can't thank you guys enough for your prompt responses.
ohaustin 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
MY QUESTION IS for the bypass where can i find an extra harness...and what kind?
trdtim 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

ohaustin wrote:
MY QUESTION IS for the bypass where can i find an extra harness...and what kind?

I actually used a wire off one of my old truck harnesses.  Just use one that will be able to be pushed in and snug.  It needs to make contact with whatever it connects to on the head unit side.  I did the bypass in my 4Runner and used a wire from a Tacoma harness.  Took 1 second to pull out.  Another second to push in the D1 harness.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic