icon

EZ-2500 w/ 2000 Atlima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tvieson 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

I've been struggling with this remote start unit for a few days now.  From what I can tell the wiring is hooked up correctly according to the commando instructions and the wiring diagram I have.  I programmed the key remotes to the device, then began the unit programming.  At the end it asks to turn the ignition to the on position and wait for a horn chirp.  The car started and then turned off immediately.

Since then the parking lights stay on while the car is off.  When using the remote start the engine turns over for about 30sec-2 min, then it turns off only to restarted again.  This continues on and off until the car is turned completely off.  The technical support for this has been hard to come by and I am looking for some help.  If anyone has any information regarding wiring mis-prints or misc. programming instruction I would be grateful.

lsampson 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

this is your lucky day I install remote starters for a nissan dearlership and have an 05 altima of my own.  My question to you is did you use a by pass module for the immobilizer.  because it sounds like to me that this is the missing piece of the puzzle lets start there.

Sammy
tvieson 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

Yes.  I do have a bypass immobilizer for the vehicle.  It seems to work fine since I can start the car without a key. 

I was lucky enough to get a hold of someone with Commando and figured out the issue.  I went over the wiring with this service tech and discovered an issue.  The connection for the horn (brown) has to go through a relay switch.  Just to make sure it is clear, it MUST go through a relay switch.  Now I had a nice heated discussion with this guy because no where in the instructions does it say to do this.  I looked online and in the manual that came in the box.  I could not find anything about a relay switch for this wire.  If you dont hook this up through a relay switch it will fry the unit.  Just a note to the wise.  Thought I would post this just incase someone else has the same issue.

*Note* - If the unit stops responding to programming commands and the parking lots remain on all the time - the unit is dead.  Just send it back to GNU and they will replace.

installmastermo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
so just to understand, you do now have the horn hooked up right?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic