icon

upgraded avic n1 software

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wastedtime2525 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, so i read a bunch of threads on this forum and none of them ever gave a definitive answer as to if it was possible to do a hardware bypass of an avic n1 with the cndv 50mt upgrade disks.
As i see it there are two options:
1) Some tell me which file(s) on the N2 upgrade disk cause the gyro lockout so that file can not be copied, or copied over from the original n1 disks. People claim this can be done, but i have no idea which files do what.
2) There are no metal contacts like with the avic n2 that you can just connect together, but there must be someway on the board to connect something together so that it bypasses the gyro lockout, anyone have any luck with this yet?
Currently, im using hte old N1 disks, but i dont have the nice ipod interface, nav traffic, or updated maps. I really like having my passengers enter directions while driving without having to slow down or pullover, so i would really like this feature available. I could care less about the tv/dvd stuff, i can do reverse camara port if i ever really felt like it.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Just so you know, you won't get any improvement on your ipod interface with the new disks.  The N3 will feature this
wastedtime2525 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
i take it the n3 disks wont upgrade the n1 or n2 anymore will they?
whtcrxghst 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
They said no at CES because there were minor hardware changes this year.  but who knows til it ships
rhettly3 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

I had my N1 serviced by a guy in eBay .  He has a solution to "flash" the microprocessor . I purchased the disc below in eBay for 25 bucks .  It's a burned copy but I put it in today and my N1 works perfect !!!  DVD and Navi operational while driving . !!!!

upgraded avic n1 software -- posted image.
Pioneer CNDV-50MTP West Ver 1.0 Disc AVIC-N2 AVIC-N1

wrecklesswun 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
So your saying that these dvd's for the n1-n2 work for the n1 without having the vid lockout on you ?
Preservedswine 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you ask for that in particular, or did it just ship that way?upgraded avic n1 software -- posted image.
fearx24 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
That Pioneer CNDV-50MTP West Ver 1.0 Disc AVIC-N2 does that have the same maps on it as the 50MTP 1.2 version or whats the difference....
Preservedswine 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing that version 1.0 doesn't have the motion lock-out, but version 1.2 does??
Anyone else have thoughts on this?
whtcrxghst 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
1.2 fixed glitches in the software like the "XM updating" message and a couple others

All of the versions of the CNDV50 had the same lock-out and all were bypassable (by the way found in other threads.) The difference in versions was only to fix glitches, NOT a change in lock-out

Preservedswine wrote:
I'm guessing that version 1.0 doesn't have the motion lock-out, but version 1.2 does??
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic