icon

bazooka 10?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
somboy24 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

I'm turning 16 in june and im looking for a nice sound system, but im on a tight budget i want loud bass and good sound  but i know im not gunna get everything i want  for my price range. im willing to compermise on both but i still want a decint system. i have recently baught a pioneer DEH-2700 cd deck. i have read many reviews and looked like a good quality deck for the price and it had the features i was looking for. Next thing i would like to get is a subwoofer. i have found a 200 watt rms 10" bazooka tube for $200  good price, brand, quality?my price range will top out at around $300. i have a 2001 focus se if that make much of a differiance in options? Are selp powerd subs the way to go for me or no? Do they sounds as good for the price?

help?
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
you want to spend 300 for the sub/box/amp/wiring? or what...
You wont get serious loud bass for 300, but you can get it pretty good. expect to spend 50ish for wiring alone, Unless you get a cheap kit offline, then maybe 20/30ish. And Unless you get a tube type sub with a built in amplifier, you would need to build a box, or buy one. 300 is a really tight budget for wanting some bass. Its doable though.
Can you build your own box? If so it will save you a bit. since its in the trunk you probably could save some from carpeting and making the system all pretty.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
punkur67 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
For a budget like yours a bass tub sounds ok. I did a jl 12w0 in a home made ported box and a jl 250/1 amp for just over $400 and it sounded good. If you want volume on a budget a ported enclosure is the best way to go, just make sure that you build your enclosure close to the specs for the sub. I would sugest that you might save up a couple more dollars if possible and get a decent sub, amp, and wiring if you are looking for alot of volume. 
kirktcashalini 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
punkur67 is right. If you can save, and do a system like he did you will be pleased. 250 JL watts will be sweeeet, and isnt relatively expensive either.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
somboy24 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot i was looking at audiobhan subs because i liked the price, but i have heard more bad then good reviews on them like quality and over-rating the power, i know jl is top of the line and now with your advice ill save up a bit more. otherwise i would prolly end up spending more buying a cheap system adn replacing it in the long run. could i install this my -self i haveint done anything in a car but i buid computers and i have a pertty nice home thearter in my bedroom i know thats not cars but what im getting at is that i am pertty good with electronice and if i could i would liek to save as much a possable. alos would i need a cap?
help?
kirktcashalini 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
no cap, and steer clear from audiobahn... sounds liek you could assemble everything and get it going. setting up a pc is def harder than a sub and amp.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic