icon

93 honda accord, Prestige Aps997

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
primocb7 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

This was my first attempt to install an alarm in my 1993 accord, and have run into several problems.

- I have the remote start feature functioning, but at the same time, when i try to start the car w/o using remote start, i just hear the module clicking and the car won't start.

- I connected the parking light wire from the module to the vehicle's parking light(RED / black) and the lights do not flash when i arm/disarm the alarm.

- last but not least, even with the door(s) open, i can arm the alarm and it doesn't pick up the signal that the door is not closed; i have the brown wire from the module connected to the vehicle's negative door trigger(BLACK/ white).

any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

installmastermo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
seems like you're useing a 555u, 556u module or like module that holds your coded key, if this is the case what it says to me is that the blue wire on the module is hooked to ground.  this should not be the case, that blue wire should be hooked to a ground while running wire on your alarm or status output wire (if your alarm has one) if the blue wire is hooked into ground it will cause the keys to cancel out one another when you try to start it with the key in the ignition.  Far as your parking lights I'm pretty sure in a honda the parking light is based on a pos trigger you should check your alarm and make sure it's not set for neg parking light trigger.  and finaly on the doors you may have the wrong wire the way to check this is on the BLACK/ white you have make sure that it is seeing a ground pulse while any of the doors are open which should also rest at pos polarity when the doors are closed.  if this is not the case than this is the wrong wire, or if the wire shows pos polarity when the door is open and rest at ground when the doors are closed then you have pos door trigger. also check the RED / black for your parking lights and insure that it has pos polarity with the parking lights are on and rest at ground when the parking lights are off, because this could also be the case of wrong wire on that too.  usually wire colors are common for a lot of different devices ie.  you could have a RED / black that controls the parking light and another RED / black that  could control the cruise control.  the only way to be safe is ensure that the that wire color controls that device, otherwise you could be triggering something else other than what you want.
installmastermo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Although this is good info to give it does not explain why the car can be started from the rs and not the key!
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

Is this system equipped with passive arming?  If so, maybe it is turned on and you're trying to start the car with the starter kill armed?  Just a thought.

Keith
primocb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

bobk wrote:
installmastermo, If the info that I posted is followed then primocb7 should find the problem with the wiring. Just a guess that the starter kill is wired wrong but that is just a guess.

^^^ that was the problem. actually, i traced the wires to their origin along the kick the panel and the BLACK/ white wire from the ignition turned into solid white which confused me. after removing the tape around the ignition wires, i found out why i had this problem and the car starts now with and without remote start.

the only problems left is my dome light not lit on the "DOOR OPEN" position and door trigger. with the driver's side door open, i took my test light, clipped it onto the BLACK/ white door trigger wire and touched the dome light clip and no power. then i did the same test with the passenger door open and i got power on the test light.  this is where i'm confused 93 honda accord, Prestige Aps997 -- posted image.

thanx again for the previous help/info.

primocb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

bobk wrote:
The door switches on the early Honda's go bad. There is one screw holding the switch in, take it out and ground that wire and if the dome light works replace the switch.

i grounded the wire from the door switch and i get power on the tester when i touch the chassis. just to make sure:

- ground the switch

-to test my dome light while the switch is grounded, do i keep my tester clipped onto the BLACK/ white door trigger wire like i did previously?

primocb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
i grounded the switch wire, and the dome light doesn't light up at the "DOOR OPEN" position. what i did notice is the driver's door panel ight(lower left-hand side) does come on when i ground the switch wire.
primocb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

with the switch reassembled, the light on the door panel does come on, but still no dome light. and even after i arm the alarm, it doesn't respond when the door is opened. and at the same time, the dome light is still not turning when my door is open unless i move the switch to the constan ON position.

primocb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

i'm sure i have the correct door trigger(-) wire. the previous door trigger wire from the previous alarm i removed was also spliced onto the BLACK/ white wire(under the left hand side of the dash, above the dkp; thats wired onto a brown plug/harness) i clipped my tester onto it, and no 12v with the door closed. i kept the door closed, and tested the dome light. i'm getting a constant power, but still the same and it doesn't turn on when my door is opened.

btw, its an accord coupe.. almost forgot that.

*93 CB7 H22/CC2 Hybrid*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic