icon

if you could create the perfect shop?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jt73 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

If you could create an ideal shop, or goto a "perfect" shop...what brands would you like to see? say for the following:

1. subs

2. amps

3. speakers

4. video?

5. accessories

like 3 or 4 brands per price point...3 price points or so...entry-level, mid grade and high end...and anything else that you think the "ideal" shop would do/have trying to pick my vendors now for the new shop... thanks jason

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
You find me a perfect product that:
1) Doesn't break
2) Has lots of margin in it
3) Isn't sold on Fleabay or any other online retailer
4) You have exclusive to
Seriously....
It is hard to find the so called "perfect" line that will meet everyone's needs. Try to find something for a mid line that no one carries in your area. You need to be willing to push this product hard, and stand behind it. Why, you may ask? Midline stuff will make you the most money. Low end crap can be bought anywhere, high end customers are fewer and farther between for the most part. Try to have a line that everyone has for a draw. You will generally get people willing to buy what they know. If they've had a Pioneer deck in their car for years, selling them a Clarion is going to be tough, but can be done (we do it all the time).
You want a company to deal with that covers all your bases?? Look at DEI. Low end- Extreme. Midline- Directed Audio. Top end- PPI, Orion. Kind of one stop shopping. I also hear good things about Hertz (have some, love it), they have a few different lines available to cover all pricepoints.
As far as heads and video goes.... most mainstream manufacturers have a pretty solid video line. Kenwood, Clarion, Panasonic, Pioneer all make pretty good video at a reasonable cost.
Gus
PS: My ideal shop would sell all top end stuff, with an emphasis on install. Keeps a lot of the roaches out of the store...... you get sick of cheap ass decks and speakers all day long. I like Baillie's set up.... he's a smart guy......
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  
I justed opened a shop myself, and what I have found is that a good sales person is more important than a good brand name anyday. Just find stuff that you can trust that isn't being well represented in your area and make a name for it by doing good work.
And I wouldn't go with DEI either. Audio Express is already selling it cheaper.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
jt73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks tragik, maybe I could pick your brain sometime?
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

sure. pick away. Unless your in anchorage...... Giving the competition good ideas isn't a good idea. :)

Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
jt73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

no problem tragik, not in anchorage...near chicago, so I dont think we'll be much competition for each other...lol

I would really like to know about your marketing for the shop, do you do radio?  newspaper?  billboard? flyers?  etc....anyhing else that you have found that works really well?

we can also do this through PM or email if you like

Jason

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic