icon

2006 Dodge Ram Dash Removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chumley 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying to remove the dash panel on my 2006 Dodge Ram Megacab to get to the back of the radio.

I cannot see any access screws on the dash panel.  The center lower part of the dash above the center floor console looks like it will snap out to provide further access, but I'm afraid I might break something.

Chumley
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hello CHUMLEY,

1 Open cup-holder just under power-outlet. 2 Remove 2 screws which is located almost bottom lines (7mm head)  3 Disengage retainer clips by using plastic trim stick. 4 Disconnect all harness connectors.

I don't know what you want to install, here are wireing info:

12volt constant: behind radio  ACC: Cigar-lighter socket   VSS: sorry, not available. use CAN-BUS interface.

Good Luck!

davidachew 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
This Dosent work on a 2006 dodge ram 2500 mega cab with the center floor console. the dash has been redesigned for the 2006 model. I'm in desperate need for the proper instructions. Thanks
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

Hello DAVIDACHEW,

2005 RAM I/P CENTER BEZEL

Open Ashtrey&Cupholder      Remove just one screw to secure I/P bezel to the I/P panel, Screw is located just right side of grove-box. then use trim stik

2006 RAM I/P CENTER BEZEL

Almost same process,  Remove 2 screws to secure I/P bezel. Screws are located inside opening area of  cup-holder. both screws are "hard to find".                              

Sorry for my poor English, We already knew big difference between 2005&2006. Good Luck!

chumley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

All,

There is no ashtray, and the only cupholders are on the center console on the floor.  There are also no screws to remove.  I just ordered the Mopar factory manual for all 2006 Dodge Ram trucks, so I should be able to get the detailed instructions on dash removal.  Just in case anyone was wondering, I have an FM transmitter that I want to connect to the radio to play music from my MP3 player.  I pulled it out of my old 96 Dodge Ram.  It was much easier to get to the radio.  It had the screws behind the ash tray and cup holder.

Jim

Chumley
davidachew 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

Apparently I’m in the same boat as chumley, no ashtray, cup holders attached securely to floor. Im going to try removing center console and working my way up and I’ll let you know what I come up with.

chumley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
It looks like the lower center plastic piece just above the floor console may snap out... seems to move a little.  I was afraid of breaking something so I didn't work at it too hard.  I was going to order the factory manual anyway, so I figured I would wait until it arrived.  I should get the manual within the next two weeks.  If you haven't figured it out, I can let you know what the manual says.
Chumley
davidachew 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Got it!

First you have to remove the rubber inserts from the console cup holder and storage bins, once done you will see screws about three or four 5/16, once done remove the first piece to revel more screws, remove them and remove the second piece, now we remove the upper piece that looks like it just pops off, be careful and pull it down. Once that is removed it will revel two Phillips screws going straight up securing the bezel. Once removed the bezel snaps off, be very careful this piece is secured with many clips and is very hard to remove. Then just remove the plethora of plugs and it’s off.

If you have any problems let me know.

chumley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks... I will try this.

Do you know where the fuse panel is located on the Megacab?  My old 96 Dodge had it on the driver's side of the dash, but this one seems to be very well hidden.

Chumley
chumley 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Got the dash off and the radio removed...  The antenna is a different connector than standard and will require adapters to connect the FM modulator.  I cannot find anything that looks like accessory power... everything has 12V all the time.  I will need to wait for the factory manual unless someone knows where there is accessory power.  The power and cig lighter are also constant 12V.
Chumley

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic