icon

Need some upgrade advice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX3. I already own a HO Alternator for it. I am just waiting till I have everything installed and then I am going to install it and upgrade the power and ground wires. Here is my question. I am not a fan of SQ. I love my bass. I listen to lots of rap with the occasional heavy metal. I want to upgrade my front and rear speakers. I have a Pioneer DEH-P770MP as a head unit. I can fit a 6.5 component set in the front and rear of my car in place of the factory 5x7. Here is my question sorry it took so long. I am looking for some component sets that will give me stage I'm looking for without amp'ing them. i would like to keep only one amp in the car and that is my JBL which is going to be powering my Solo-Baric. If anyone can advised me on which component set to get, I will really appreciated it. I have heard alot of great comp. sets but they all have been aomplified. Just let me out guys...
Later
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well it's really hard to find a component set that can be unamplified and offer what you want.  Look into a good coaxial or point-source.  I've found that they require less power.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks...
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
arrow12 wrote:
Well it's really hard to find a component set that can be unamplified and offer what you want. Look into a good coaxial or point-source. I've found that they require less power.
Absolutely correct. MadScientist, you'll find that *any* fidelity gained by using seperates vs. coaxials is *only* attainable by actually running real power to them. Deck power is *only* suitable for coaxials... componets will be an exceptional waste of money if you do not plan on adding any more amplification.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
I am gonna disagree here. I am not saying in any way shape or form that its a bad Idea to amplify component speakers, I always recomend it. However you can succesfully run entry level components off of deck power and they sound fine. The pioneer internal amps are fairly strong and clean for being a deck amp. I mean they dont compare to outboard amps but as far as decks run I'll put them up against most. For speakers the infininty reference line can be succesfully run off of a deck as I have done so for several customers in the past with no issues. The Sony components from a couple years ago worked well off of deck power and actually sounded pretty good, and they were sony, go figure. I know that the FNQ series of componets from RF worked fine as well, not sure about the new stuff though.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

There are two ways to do this, right and wrong. You decide. Right = new components + amp. Right = basic co-ax speakers. Wrong = new components with no amp.

Components can be played all day long without tons of power, however, they will not do what they were designed to do until you give them the power they need. Buy a amp either now or down the road or keep it to basic coax speakers.

It is a lot of personal taste as well, would I sell you components for this case, yes I would. I would only do provided you knew full well what it truly entailed though.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic