icon

Sub Lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swschz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
hey all,this questions probably been asked a thousand times and hidden somewhere among there forums but anyway.
ive got a fusion amp putting out approx 300wmrs for my sub,i have wired in a 12v21w bulb to glow to the beat,my only problem is 300w kills a 12v21w bulb realy fast,how do i limit how many watts the bulb gets?
aliascentral 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

How exactly have you hooked up the bulb? Why not just use a sound actiated cold cathode, really cheap. Just hook it up to the amp's +12v and ground, then fine tune the sensitivity with the control nob. 

JayEm
AliasCentral.com
swschz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
just wired in to the +tve and -tve outputs,so it lights up in tune with the bas(have my hpf on)
so whats this sound acitated cold cathode,i have very limited electrical skills ie wiring in a cd player and amp.
thanks in advance
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

check here:

http://www.oznium.com/cathodes?sid=79133b19f66bc428d94eda6eba008a80

GREAT site!

the 15" lights have built in sound activation.  or you can buy the Cathode music interface at the bottom to use with other sizes

aliascentral 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

You can also get circular sound activated cold cathodes, the same size as your sub, 12" or 15". Sorry about the image quality, its on mobile phone. They are really simple to fit, just 2 wires, +12 and ground. Just wire it into the same terminals that power the amplifier. Hope this helps.

Sub Lights - Last Post -- posted image.

JayEm
AliasCentral.com
aliascentral 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, the image above is of a sound activated NEON speaker ring, not cold cathode. Does the same job as a cold cathode but works differently. They are made by Pyle and are simple to fit, exactly the same as fitting a cold cathode, can't remember how much they cost though.
JayEm
AliasCentral.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic