icon

Crimestopper EZ-90 triggers Explorer alar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
barfy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I am having a problem with the install.

This is a 2001 Ford explorer sport 4x4 with a factory alarm/imobilizer fitted. When I lock the doors with either remote I cannot unlock them with the crimestopper remote. I need to pulse the door locks. Which wire in the car do I pulse?

Also, when I sometimes unlock the car, the alarm goes off and neither of the remotes will silence it. I have to disconnect the EZ-90 and disarm the alarm with the factory key fob. On the Techweb2 printout says I have to connect to a GREEN/ Purple in the drivers kickpanel. This wire is not there, I have opened up the wiring loom all the way back down under the door and all the way up to the door.

Also, the remote start will not start if I use the key in the ignition, I have to use the remote fob. I am using a Directon 556uw with a programmed key in it.

Really appreciate and tips on this as it is driving me nuts. I am at this for two days.. :)

Better to burn out than fade away.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

If this is a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac:

UNLOCK DOORS:This Vehicle Will Turn Off The Power To The Door Locks Shortly After The Last Door Is Closed.To Wake Up The RAP Circuit Diode Isolate The Unlock Wire To Eather GRAY/RED (-) Located In Passengers Kick Panel Or YELLOW/BLACK In The Drivers Door Boot.

If this is a 2001 Explorer:

D GREEN/ VIOLET (-) In Driver Kick Panel / Door Boot
OR
  http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1093.pdf

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
barfy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.

This is a 2 door explorer sport, the 2001/2004 model..

I looked for the dark GREEN/ voilet wire and it is not there, I looked behind the kick panel and in the tray that runs under the carpet along side the seat. Is there another wire I can tap into.. :)

tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

even easier program your Crimestopper to "wakeup pulse to ign" it will pulse the ignition alomg with unlock this will fix your doorlock problem also program double unlock pulse on

as far as setting the alarm off as mentioned by mo hook your orange\black from the RS to the dark green \ purple but test this wire it will be in the door sill but there are a few the correct wire will go to ground when you turn the key to unlock the drivers door

tj
barfy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

Is the dark GREEN/ purple actually in behind the door panel? I didnt check there, I cannot find it anywhere else.

Thanks for the pointer on pulsing the Ign..

Nearlt there :)

barfy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

Also, any ideas on why the remote start will not start if I turn the key in the ignition, I have to use the remote fob. I am using a Directon 556uw with a programmed key in it.

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

Temporarily disconnect the blue lead on the 556U, then try to start with the key. If it starts, the blue wire is grounding somehow, before it's supposed to. Not being there to see why in person, I suggest you find out why it's grounding before it should when the remote starter is activated.

If this is the case, the truck is seeing two programmed keys at the same time when you're attempting to start with the key.

barfy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

This is driving me nuts..

There is definitely no GREEN/ purple wire in behind the kickpanel, or the door or in the tray that runs along the side of the drivers seat...!!!! Is there another wire I can tap into ??

The car starts with the blue lead cut. I searched the board and I think I need to hook up a keysense wire!

barfy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, here is an update...

I got the locks and the remote start to work, Thanks for all the help on this.

The only thing I could not get to work was the alarm, I could not get it to disarm. So I brought it to an installer, he spent two hours working on it and he could not get it to work, He reckons that the alarm in it is a dealer alarm..!!?? The module under the dash has a blue "Ford" logo on it... Nice guy, didnt charge me a dime...

So I brought it to another shiop and the same problem, They told me when they try to disable the alrm with the remote start, it shoeted and they could not get it to work.

So I went home, got mt trusty snips out and cut the whole bloody lot out, the remote starter and the crap alarm and bought a Viper 791xv, set it up and everything is nice and cooool, No problems at all, Why I didnt do this in the first place.

Thanks again for all the help.. :)

S

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic