icon

bulldog alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeryl 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

if confused between installing the relay for a starter disable w/ the momentary switch... it says install one lead to the key side of the starter and the other lead to the motor side... i need to clarify that... i understand normally closed and normally open relay for the starter but i read the 12 volt.com on the passive starter.. i understand everything except the key side starter lead and motor sides starter lead ... thanks

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Cut the STARTER Wire in Half......
One side of cut wire goes to STARTER
One side of cut wire goes to SWITCH
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

In general, the starter lead runs from the ignition switch (key side) to the starter solenoid (motor side).  When you cut the starter lead, the side going to the ignition switch is considered the "key" side and the other side is considered the "motor" side.

bulldog alarm - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
great thanks!!! that cleared it up!!! this will be my first full alarm install but i have installed amps and relays before... u guys rock!!!
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

i have a bulldog diy alarm it has 3 wires - power, ground, and an output for a relay for starter disable... i lost the relay so im trying to install a new one... my problem is the door doesnt open or lock when i enable and enable the alarm... i measure the output wire which was supposed to be for a starter for a relay... i hooked it up to a relay and to the door lock trigger when armed... it worked then i kept messing w/ it because i tried to hook it up to work to unlock the car... so my door lock and unlock wires are constant 12 volts and are grounded when energized or triggered... so now it doesnt work when i press arm on the alarm and the door doesnt lock anymore... the outpout wire for the alarm is only 5 volts when armed and 0 volts or 0.00 which would mean i think is grounded ... so any suggestions... i m looking for another way better alarm but i jus want to figure out this problem... i tried reversing the polarity w/ a relay but i would need 12 volts to energize the relay i only get 5 volts... maybe i burned out the alarm somehow... so the alarm is a bulldog talking alarm diy w/ 3 wires only. thanks

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
Rather than try to rig it. Send it back to them and they should repair it. Or consider buying a better brand. The bulldog units are pretty troublesome.
Steve G
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

i have an alarm it has an output

no

c

nc

n01

c1

nc1

im trying to figure out how to connect the alarm to my factory door locks.. my door locks have constant 12 volts so when i ground it  locks or unlocks on either wire... i wondering if these are the wires for the door lock or i should check other wires on the alarm.. or i have to hook up a relay

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic