icon

DEI 791xv And 556sw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Eclipse-1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  

I will be installing the Viper 791xv in my 2001 Ford Ranger and have purchased the DEI 556sw interface module and have been looking over the directions to get a head start on everything before I get and install the alarm. I have a couple of questions though.....

On the 556sw interface there is a 4 pin plug and one of the wires I have NO idea where it needs to go. Its the one labeled BLACK/ RED Input (-) and it states to connect this wire to the remote start status input wire. I assume they mean on the alarm, if so what connection. Nothing jumps out at me on the 791xv as to where this wire needs to connect.

The other thing I have is the door trigger and power locks. What wires do I connect to and do I have to isolate them with diodes? I have seen 3 different diagrams that show just diodes on the wires going to the alarm (one with a relay to the alarm trigger and one with no relay) and the final one that shows diodes on the wires coming out of the GEM AND to the alarm.

As for the power locks, I like the stock keyless option of hitting unlock once to unlock the drivers door and then hitting it again to unlock the passenger door, can I use the wire listed as "blue (-) 2nd unlock output" and connect that to the passenger door unlock?

And I guess one more question. Are there any gotchas to installing this alarm in a 2001 Ford Ranger with keyless entry for either the alarm or the truck?

This site has been very helpful to me over the years and has helped me out greatly on this install so far. Thanks for everyone helping out each other. Thank you cannot be said enough for the help that is offered to everyone on this site.

TIA

Brian

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
You will need to double diode isolate the separate doorpins. You will find the BCM to the left of the radio.
You can get doorlocks at the passenger's side, above fusebox.
As far as sequential unlocking goes, you will probably need to 5 wire both the driver's and passenger's door unlock wires to separate them. Driver's priority is a function of the BCM/keyless unit. Just pulsing the lock/unlock wires is the same as using the switch in the door.
As to your mystery wire on the 556S, it goes to the little blue wire that is on the XCRS 4 pin plug that is labelled as a "status" or ground when running output.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
fofo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

You can catch door trigger on driver side, BLACK/ blue stripe. Harness runs under drivers seat and cuts across  under the carpet. You wont need to isolate door triggers.

2nd doorlock you will need to use relays as 5wire lock on each door. You can also use DEIs 451M doorlock   module.

For your bypass the blue (-) status from XCRS will go to your BLACK/ red from your 556sw.

Doorlock wires in driver kick are pink / YELLOW and pink/lt-green.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic