the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Which alarm for GPS tracking interface ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
attilahooper 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
I really want a GPS tracking system in my car. I currently have no alarm system installed in my late 90s D-Body Chevy.
MyMobileGuardian looks pretty good. As well, the systems from Directed Electronics. Seems like they both come out to about the same money, since I wouldnt be using any or many tracking debits unless my car was stolen.
What I gather from the very poor marketing materials, is that Directed Viper/Clifford stuff may have better integration, notification of events through paging and phone etc.
However, I am not convinced that MyMobileGuardian doesnt accomplish the exact same thing. Just so long as the alarm/remote start have the capabilities and interfaces.
Now, knowing just enough to hurt myself, I am at an impasse.
What is the best alarm/remote/gps tracking package with regards to features, ease of use, one stop shopping ?
Thanks in advance,
Attila.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
i dont think the dei is an alarm, it is just vehicle tracking.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
attilahooper 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
doesnt DEI own viper and clifford and others ?
the question is whether the homogenous package of DEI gear with their own GPS tracking is superior to a combination of mobileguardian and any other package .
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Code Alarm is about to come out with an add on interface GPS . It is made by  carcom and is on the market now as stand alone or add to alarm. pretty cool ,lots of inputs and outputs Phone ,E-mail alerts, maps,photos.web based.I have installed lots of them and they work great. Look on web at www.carcomgps.com
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
attilahooper wrote:
doesnt DEI own viper and clifford and others ?
the question is whether the homogenous package of DEI gear with their own GPS tracking is superior to a combination of mobileguardian and any other package .
the gps modules are meant to be hidden inside the vehicle, so if installed correctly will be completely seperate from the alarm system, DEI is viper, clifford, python...
the system is only as good as the service, take on-star for example gm supports it and they have so many customers out there, they are not likely to go out of business anytime soon, DEI has a great reputation and supports their products very well, mobile guardian i havent heard much about them, as they only make their system the chances that they will be around in the future are slimmer. Alpine if you didnt know it had their mobile mayday system which is basicly the same as on-star, never caught on and their system is completely useless now.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
attilahooper 
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
thx infin.
yes, using that logic I would definitely want to stick with service and equipment that has some staying power. I called the MMG dealer in commack new york, audiovox, there was no answer at 9:30am. How lame is that ?
I'm gonna look more closely at DEI. Can anyone rec a top end shop in long island, NY ?
attilahooper 
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
thx spl, I'm paging it up right now.
Hmmm bought from Directed. hmmmm.
thx gents.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic