icon

charging system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

Well if you already have them and have already fiberglassed some kicks for them theres not much use in me trying to convince you against it.  I used to hit the mid 150s with my subs and just a single pair of alpine type x 6.5s powered off of a fosgate 851x and they easily kept up, didnt even have to attenuate the tweets up at all, simple eq adjustments took care of it just fine.  Just because all speakers are the same size and type doesnt mean its a good idea to just throw a bunch of them in there.  There will be no way to completely set the time alignment, as that deck only have 6 channels of delay, and you have 10 channels worth of speakers.  No offense, but my prediction for your setup is that it will be absolutely awesome as an SPL system, but as a daily driver with a good amount of SQ it will really lack.  As I said, I am really not trying to sound rude or to bash on your setup, I just wonder what exactly you are looking for in a system.  If spl is your goal you should definitely have all of the bass and screaming highs you could ever want, but if a good mix of spl and sq if what you are looking for you might be a little dissapointed.  Hopefully it will be what you hoped for, the gear listed is some really good stuff, good luck with it, let us know how it turns out.

Stanford1621 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
I appreciate your concern but could you explain how more than 1 pai of mids reduces sq?
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Mainly the time alignment as I was explaining.  You are definitely much better off due to the fact that they are all the same size and type of speaker, but they still wont all be producing the same exact sound.  If you were to do a search on here on rear fill, there will be some much smarter guys than me that can explain in much more detail.  It is generally best to have as few speakers as possible playing the same frequencies as each other.  I know this is a weak and vague response, Ill check on here a little later today to give you a response in terms of how it affects the t-s parameters.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic