icon

2005 Saturn Ion, Remote Sunroof

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Here's the rundown. 2005 Saturn Ion RedLine. Power sunroof is not automatic, you need to hold the switch for it to open all the way and close all the way. I am installing an alarm with a 10 second latched output on one of the channels to run the sunroof from afar. The sunroof switch has 5 wires: 1 switched +12V, 2 grounds, 2 switch wires (open/close). The two grounds do nothing on open or close nor are they dependant on the car being on. They meter the same voltage and don't change with any operation of the switch, one is black one is light blue. The two switch wires are green (open) and light green (close) and they run +12V on the being operated, but the opposite wire does not ground I believe, I could be wrong as I didn't really think to check this. I saw this as an opportunity to not have to go straight to the motor. I 5-wired the open/close wires so I wouldn't damage the switch, but when I give power to 86 of the relays and ground 85 of one of the relays nothing happens. No close or open. The relays do their little clicking thing though. It won't work with the car on either, but the sunroof still operates fine with the switch. Is this resistance based or something? Or will I have to go directly to the motor assembly to do this? Thanks guys.

-Christopher

MECP First Class
Bay Manager
streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind, I think in my tired mindedness I missed the point of a power sunroof switch. When you have a power.....you need a ground.
MECP First Class
Bay Manager

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic