the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

02 Trailblazer start then stop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
I'm doing my first 02' Trailblazer RS and I can get the thing to remote start, but after about 5 seconds the vehicle shuts down. Anyone have any ideas why it would do this? I'm using a Valet 561R RS & a Directed 555LW bypass. I'm pretty sure i've done something wrong with the ACC & IGN wires, but I cant figure it out. Any feedback is much appreciated!
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

Did you program for TACH?

Is your Theft light flashing

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
Theft light is not flashing. I found and confirmed the white tach wire under the hood and it is hooked up. This truck sucks!
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
r u sure u have the bypass module wired up right.....we need more info to help u......wire colors and were u taged them.....also like mo12v said ...did u learn the tach rate, (tagging the tach wire and programming tach to the remote start are two different things)?  that is very important.....
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
1. Did you learn the tach?
2. Are your passlock wires hooked up correctly?
3. Are you powering the pink and the white ignitions, and the orange and the brown accessories, as such? (The BCM uses the accessories to know when to look for the Passlock code, so they can't be powered as ignition).
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
what's happening is the unit is cranking and not seeing the truck running, but because this vehicle has overcrank protection factory, the truck stops cranking itself and runs, but the remote start is still juicing the crank wire. then when max crank time is met, it shuts down having seen a fail to start. so your problem is the unit is in tachless mode even though you have the tach wire hooked up. these trucks are not that hard so take a break and a step back.
My rifle is my friend...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic