icon

Can Interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redlinecustoms 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

I have read about the can interface, I am still wondering, what exactly does it do. I understand that it interfaces with newer vw, audi, etc. But when is it needed? I have done a few MK4 jetta's and have had no problem using the regular chip in the key bypass. I have not been able to get my hands on a new model vw, because all of the dealers tell the new owners it can not be done. But I am sure it can. do the can interfaces do anything that a regular chip in the key bypass does, or is it similar to a data interface??

thanks

Jack

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
they are interfaces that bypass' starter immobilzers through the Data bus system in the car.  It make install easier because u just have to wire to the obdII connecter.  Most of them also do door locks, arm and disarm, domelight supervision, door triggers, and trunk pop all through the data bus wire.  In a nut shell.....u can wire everything from the alarm into the interface module and connect one wire to the data bus wire and in the car and BOOM everything is done digitally.
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Not the key part of the immobilizer..........
You aren;t bypassing a VAG product's key immobilizer without anything other than the key. And, not too many people on here can program a key. Hell, I have the VW specific scan tool, and I can't program a key (need the SKC, and the dealer won't give them out anymore)
The CAN interfaces do make life faster for all other things pertaining to a starter alarm.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
redlinecustoms 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

I understand now, its just a data bus interface, specificaly for vw and euro cars. to do starters though a chip in the key is still needed though.

thanks for the help

Jack

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic