icon

2001 Ford Ranger and Viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Eclipse-1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing this alarm in my ranger and have run into a problem/question. The information I have says that you can use pin 48 tan / YELLOW wire and well, I found pin 48 but it isn't tan / YELLOW and when I tested it I didn't get anything from it in the way of showing change in rpm.  Now anyone know of a different location or do I really need the tach connected?

TIA

Brian

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  

how did u test it?  U must set multimeter is the AC voltage side and put black to ground.  Tach will give u a much cleaner start. 

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the top of the firewall under the hood towards the passenger side. The tachometer wire is in pin 48. Can also get tach at the ignition coil or coil pack. Use any of the tan/stripe wires.

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
you can also go to the odd colored wire at any fuel injector
Eclipse-1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, I found the wire off the pcm. I have to untape the wires more and it was right there.  The remote start works great. I do have a question though for the locks. The alarm supports 2 door unlocks, one primary for the drivers and secondary for the passenger. Now I know I can find the wires to unlock them both at the same time but I want to unlock them seperately. Also, what is the easiest way to wake up the GEM? I was told I could use the latch wire off one of the doors to do this and not need any diodes. Anyone else hear of this?

TIA

Brian

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic