icon

Scytek remote start manual transmission

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

OK here is my problem.  I installed my new SCYTEK RS/Alarm and everything works great.  I also bought a neutral sensor switch to add to my car which didnt have one prior (1994 Suzuki Sidekick)  my RS works perfect but you have to depress the clutch for it to work.  My questions are. . .

1. Is there a way to bypass pressing down the clutch or does the clutch have to be pressed down if in neutral.

2. how do I get my neutral switch to show ground when in gear, but break ground when in gear.  The sensor shows on when in neutral and off when in gear.

I'm lost here so can somebody please help!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

1. The clutch will have a switch at the bottom of the travel.  Typically two wires.  One will be the same all the time and one is switched.  You'll have to test to see which wire is the switched wire and then check to see if it's +12V or ground.  Then apply the proper pulse to it during R/S.

2. When you say it's off when in gear, did you check to see if it is showing ground?  If it's not, you can use  a relay to break a ground when the car is in neutral and show ground when it's in gear. But first you need to check the output on the neutral safety switch to see if they are + or -, or you wont know how to wire the relay.

Keith
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

well actually I can wire the sensor either ground or +12v and was thinking I would probably have to use a relay.  But I was doing a little more searching and found this

Connect to a lead or switch that provides ground (-) when hood/trunk is opened. If positive (+) 12 V DC is present when hood/trunk is closed on the same lead, use a blocking diode with the cathode towards the switch.

If you need to isolate two (+) positive door triggers, simply reverse the position of the blocking diodes, facing the anode sides towards the door triggers and the cathode sides towards the alarm. 

Would that work???? Either way how would I wire the relay.  Keep in mind that the switch itself can show +12v or ground it does not matter.

tom badger 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
You need a clutch bypass circuit, a parking brake on safety cicuit, and door pin(s) or dome light supervision/safety circuit tied in to make a safe installation in a manual transmission vehicle.
This is info available on why and how to do all of these circuits on previous posts on this site.
The Badger
leades12 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Go to search and type in "clutch bypass"

Scytek remote start manual transmission -- posted image.
Les
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
You need to get the switch to show ground when in gear, then hook it directly to the hood pin wire on your R/S. You will not need a relay to do this, assuming that your hood pin is a negative trigger.
Keith
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

You also could have saved all this headache, and siberspace, by just installing a remote start that is (was) designed for a manual trans......

You would NOT need a neutral safety switch. The unit would moniter the door pins and the E brake. You would exit the vehicle with the engine running, and the E brake ON,and the  keys in your hand....when you shut the door the engine shuts down. Clutch bypass is done by connecting the start wire from you R/S directly to the BLACK / YELLOW at the clutch switch. POS(+)

mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

well sorry but there isnt a color screen manual transmission RS on the market that I know of atleast.  but I found out the relay connection from somebody and can now wire my E-brake and my neutral sensor switch in parallel and at the end of that mount the relay to reverse the constant ground to break ground and break ground to constant ground.  I also just permanently bypassed the clutch meanwhile I figure out why the negative pulse doesnt activate the clutch switch and it should work fine.  I will post later to let everyone know.

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

fishxsauce 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged  

Mustangfoo,

Im in the same situation as you.  I have the same alarm system as you but cant use the remote start feature due to the manual tranny.   I hope you figure it all out and be able to share in great detail of your success.  thanks.

Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
there is a colour screen manual trans version.
all the the 5000 and 5100 manual trans brains are the same
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic