icon

bypassing sensors!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Intrepid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2002 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
i have a viper 300+ and i added an impulse remote starter to it (hey i know impulse isn't the best ,but hey i couldn't beat the price!) everything works fine except the shock sensor bypass! (meaning when i start the car the alarm goes off!) in the instructions it says that wht/red goes to brain and wht/grn goes to sensors, but thats not working i tried changing them it still doesn't work! could it be b/c my shock is built into the brain? i asked an installer and he said it shouldn't matter. thanks in advance!
Thinkster 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2002 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  

Are you sure it's the shock sensor that's setting it off?   Some alarms monitor the Ignition line and if the alarm is armed and it detects 12v on the Ignition, it goes off.   If it is indeed the shock sensor that's triggering it,  you can bypass it by interupting the Shock sensor's output to the alarm with a relay in the NC configuration.  You can wire the relay to an output from the remote start so it will energize the relay when it's active.   As it's an Impulse, I wouldn't count on their built in bypasser to work correctly.

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 13, 2002 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Intrepid,

Normally on a 300 the LED flashes in sequences of TWO when you disarm if it's the shock setting it off.  If it's the ignition you'll see FIVE flashes.

There is nothing you can do about the internal shock apart from turning down to minimum and adding an external one part number 508D.  To bypass this shock merely connect its black wire to the ignition out of your remote starter, no diode needed.

Let us know which zone triggered your system when you disarm,  count the LED flashes.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic