icon

Starter on Newer GM with no Start Wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundmasters 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to install a Crimestopper RS-1304 on a 06 Malibu and it is one of the new GM Cars that have the Negitive start wire that you dont use.  When the car see's accessory drop out it is supposed to start, however I can't get it to crank.  It's like the starter doesn't drop accessory long enough.  I've also already checked tach to make sure that was proper and that wools good.  If anyone can help me that would be great, Thanks
tom badger 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar with the no start wire vehicles, but here's just an idea that could possibly help.
If the car needs to see accessories drop out to start,
you could try feeding the + side of the coil of a relay (terminal 86) with the start/crank wire from the R/S.
The other side of the coil (terminal 85) goes to ground.
Cut the accessory wire, connect the side from the ignition switch to the common (terminal 30) on the relay, and the outgoing side of the cut wire to the N.O. (Terminal 87) on the relay.
Of course this will drop the accessory wire out only for the length of time the start/crank wire is energized, which should be until the R/S recognizes that the engine is started/running via the tach wire.
Like I said, no actual experience with the no start wire system, but thought this could be a way to make it work. Hope this will help you. Let me know.
The Badger
tom badger 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
Whoops, CORRECTION to the above -
You will need to use the Normally CLOSED contact on the relay - not Normally Open.
The outgoing side of the cut wire will connect to the N.C. contact (Terminal 87a) on the relay.
The Badger
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  

New GMs that need the accessory wire to drop voltage during cranking.

Relay set up.

30  to acc in vehicle

87a 2nd ign wire from remote starter unit

86 to ground

85 to starter crank wire from remote starter unit.

dragon
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
First, troubleshoot.
--Tempoarily get rid of tach, and run on voltage sense. That rules out a wrong tach wire as your problem. Those cars crank perfectly, every time; in my opinion, tach isn't necessary.
--It could be that your immobilizer bypass isn't right. Take the key out of the bypass box, and instead, insert it in the ignition.
Insert it all the way, until you hear the key-in-ignition chime......but then you must pull it out a little bit, until the chime goes away.
That's very important, because the white wire triggers as 12 volts when the key is inserted, but off, and you don't want that.
----If either of the above get it to work, it's either wrong tach wire, or bad bypass install.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Use a PKG-7 module from bypasskit.com. It will handle all the ignition and starting circuits including a transponder interface. They make the install much easier and simpler.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic