icon

2006 silverado db-gmdlbp problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vinman75 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone. I usually use the dei bypass modules at work but we were strapped for one and picked up the omega piece listed in the topic. All the functions work correctly but there is one bug somewhere. When you disarm the alarm it unlocks the doors then about 5-10 seconds later it locks the doors again. It will not do this when remote started. The module is programmed for platform 4, driver priority off. Well that's about it. If anyone has any ideas please chime in. I did a search and didn't find any clues. Thanks for looking.
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure that your R/S,alarm isn't sending a lock pulse? 

BigDog
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
disconnect your lock wires and just pulse the unlock wire to ground, see if it relocks after that.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'll bet the brown, ground-when-running wire is seeing a pulse, and then the pulse goes away.
The design of the module is that after the remote starter shuts down.....when the brown loses ground....the unit re-arms the car.
What do you have hooked to the brown? should be ground-when-running, not pulse-before-start.
vinman75 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
the alarm was an autopage 725lcd, I used the pink wire set to shock sensor bypass. I ASSumed it needed a start status wire like most bypass mods.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, status wire sounds like the right term......... it should be putting out a ground the ENTIRE time the remote starter is on.
If you've noticed, that GM-DLBP does not have an ignition wire.......other than information it might pick up off the car's databus, it doesn't have any way of knowing whether or not the car's ignition is on.
So, as far as I can tell, its auto-rearm feature MUST be something that takes place after the ground on the brown wire has gone away.........
So I think it makes sense that if the brown wire receives a momentary ground, it will then think it's time to re-arm..........
I'm not familiar with Autopage product. Is there a possibility that the pink wire puts out a momentary pulse with unlock, or that you've made a programming error?
vinman75 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
Well I am pretty sure it is programmed correctly. I think I am just going to change the pink to the yellow(third ignition output) since I am not using it for anything. That way I know its grounded only when autostart is activated. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic