the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

speaker build, should drivers be off center

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

Good idea.  The fund will be started when I get the tax return, which gives me extra incentive to get the taxes done!  (...and those are some really nice looking drivers, too.)

This is funny...I had that PartsExpress page loaded that shows that Vifa midwoofer.  The price jumped from $4 to $14.25 within the last day, but this item has been out of stock, never to return, for months!  Go figure.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
WOW!!! Those wr125's look like REALY nice mid-ranges I'm thinking about getting some new mids and tweeters for my home stereo. It is hard for me to tell if the speakers are good other then examining the frame and build of the product. And it think it is amazing the amount of info you guys know. I would like to go into the job area that you guys are in (home audio stuff) because i would like to learn all about the stuff that you don't get to learn doing car audio. There is so much more stuff to consider when you are doing home audio. In my opinion i think it is fascinating to learn and read what you guys are discussing. one of these days ill be up there with you gentlemen gust have to give it some time. keep it up!
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

stevdart wrote:
This is funny...I had that PartsExpress page loaded that shows that Vifa midwoofer.  The price jumped from $4 to $14.25 within the last day, but this item has been out of stock, never to return, for months!  Go figure.

I bet it's because they are sold out, so the web price reverted to the normal list.  By the way, Vifa is no more.  From now on, what used to be Vifa will be sold as Peerless V-line.  Price changes remain to be seen...

Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hey youngone, just keep reading and learning and you'll get there.  You seem to have a good attitude so if you want to learn, you will.  The WR125 is a very nice midrange driver, used in several high-end systems and kits.  They also make a full-range version called the FR125 that costs a bit more, but has much wider usable frequency response.
Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Whats amazing to me is I think I get a good handle on audio, and I know I am the most knowledgable person I know, then I read through a post like this and I almost go cross eyed. Its unbelievable how complicated the world of audio is and makes you appreciate the kind of time and reserch that goes into some of the speakers on the market.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
DYohn 
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat, I know what you mean.  I learn more about this field every day, and sometimes think I forget almost as much!
Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic