the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Pioneer,Polk,Kicker,MTX,or Infinity 6.5s?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shinta86 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
I work at Circuit City and get a discount on those brand speakers so I was wondering what would be the best choices?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Always buy the speaker you most like the sound of.  That's all that matters.
Support the12volt.com
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Always buy the speaker you most like the sound of.  That's all that matters.

And since you are an employee, you should have plently of time to listen to them with your music, right?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

Not always, in the big box I worked at the home guys had no idea as to what a good car speaker was. What is really sad however is that this person is basing his decision on a discount rather than what might be a good speaker or the right speaker for his / her application.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
you fogot about eclipse. better then all those mentioned. not to forget but what we have left is all your going to get from infinity.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
I am a infinity guy, because they are so versitale, sound clean, and are good price. I dont think circuit city has the high end ones though. I got all mine through crutchfield, or one other company I forgot who. Kappa speakers that is.
I had my speakers for 3 years, and been through 3 vehicles, and my subs I got 2 months ago. I love them all, they work great together as well.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
I too would go with Infinity hands down! What DYohn said is true though... buy what YOU like, not what other people like!
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  
whats sounds good to you is correct. but remember just becouse it sounds great on the board. does not mean it will sound like that in your car. i have polk db's i put them in my wifes ford Taurus and the sounded okay. Then she got hit by a tow truck. she bought a dodge Stratus, I put them in there. And now they sound even better. But in the Stratus, the mids are at a higher placement and the tweeters are in the dash. not in the door and pillar. Placement has a great deal to do with the sound.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic