icon

Dead battery disabled remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mudnut 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I tried to start my car yesterday after a cold night (-15F) and my suspect battery had bit the dust. So I replaced the battery and my remote start is now disabled. The unlock,lock feature works, but nothing else. It is an Ultrasart 1256M on a 91Honda Civic.
Do I need to reprogram it? And the transmitters ?
Thanks for any help.
ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

Yes you need to reprogram the tach b/c when you disconnect power from an ultra start remote starter you must reprogram the tach and any additional features that you've changed from the default values because in order to reprogram the tach you have to do a system reset first.  Cycle ign. on/off/on/off/on and press the program button on the ant once and you'll get a honk or chirp and then press and hold program button untill you get three honks.  This means the system is reset.  Now all you have to do is start the car up and the led's on the antenna will be on solid verifying that a valid tach signal is there and after about twenty seconds you'll get two honks and that means the tach is programmed.  After that you can program any other features that you want from there but that will get you back in business.

Any other questions on your 1356m i'll be glad to help

later

TechHead
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
You don't need to reprogram any features or relearn tach. Ultrastart units go into service mode when the battery dies or when power is removed. Turn key on...hold button on antenna for about 8 seconds. If the horn is hooked up to the unit it will beep a few times. If not, just count to 8. It should work after that.
mudnut 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Ok , so I already reset the system and did a tach learn. After the tach learn, do i shut down the car or can I continue to program ?
I have tried all mentioned previously with no luck. When I set the car in Reservation Mode (it's a manual tranny) it honks at me twice just like before, but when I turn the key to off, the engine shuts off. Whereas it used to stay on until you exited the car and closed the door.
So when I use the remote start button after that, it tells me "4 flashes of the parking lights" which is "Not in Reservation Mode"
Thanks for the replies
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
is manual tranny programmable on that system.. if so make sure irs programmed in
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Its programmed for manual mode from the factory. It can't be changed.
Reset it again.
After you start the car the led lights on the antenna should turn on. Let it run until it beeps and the led's turn off.   Will be about 35 seconds.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic