icon

Amp for a friend

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slim8605 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

I have a friend that is looking for an amp that is 600wrms at 2ohms to run two 12" mtx 5500s  from circuit city. He doesn't know much about car audio so he only trusts the name brands he has heard of (anything from Circuit City or Best Buy).His budget is $300, but he wants to spend less. He also plans to buy online so maybe it will be easier to find an Alpine or MTX amp in his price range. If anyone has any suggestions on a good amp for these sub, please let me know.

kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Phoenix gold xenon x600.1, I loooooove mine, will deliver 600RMS at any ohm load. It wassss 600, prices are low now because they been out a bit and Id say there pretty good, find reviews.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you need to teach your friend some things about car stereos then... stay away from places like Best Buy and Circuit City! Not only are you paying way too much for their car audio products, but both of their selections on brands are absolutely terrible!!! If you want good stereo equipment at an affordable price then go to a Car Audio dealer! (or a good online company)
slim8605 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I'll try to keep him away from best buy and circuit city! We only have one dealer in the area and all they have is Fosgate, Alpine and Soundstream. I guess we should expand to other areas!
slippihippi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
The Best Buy and Circuit City around here are Horrible. If you buy online make sure you read plenty of reviews. You dont want to spend ur money and end up being dissapointed....happen to me a couple of times.
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

Best Buy and Circuit City do carry a few good brands for car audio, but it is always their low-end stuff. You can get those same brands elsewhere for MUCH cheaper! You do have to watch out for some of the brands you see online, but not as much as some of the companys... Stick with reliable ordering companys and good brands and you shouldn't have a problem. I have yet to have a problem ordering, but then again I don't just order some crap and hope its good!

Two good places to order from are www.onlinecarstereo.com and www.cardomain.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic