icon

Schematic designed, will it work?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silentblackhat 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1999 Honda Civic 4dr.  Right now, i have all alpine type-r speakers with the front components being powered by an Alpine MRV-T320.  I also have all my speakers wired up to SPDT relays.  when i power on the relays, they turn off all the inside speakers and turn on a loud speaker i have in my engine(its connected to my alpine amp so anything that wis playing out of my cd player will play outside on the loudspeaker). 

With that out of the way, Its pretty dumb but i know no other car iv seen has this...here is what I want to do:

I want to make it where when i press the remote control twice(the lock button,  when its pressed 2 times ,it honks the horn) it will play the AOL(or another sound i choose) sound that says "Good Bye" through a chip-corder.  The schematic is below. Here is an explaination of the whole thing if it isnt clear. 

The "Remote Control Signal" is the signal the remote module sends out to the car horn realy to turn it on. Insead if it turning the horn relay on, it will turn my own relay on that will feed a 12volt signal to some capacitors to charge very quickly(and the other realy i have).  the reason why i have the capacitors is that the signal that makes the horn honk is very brief.   with the 12volts for just a split second, it will charge the capacitors quickly so when the 12volt suply is cut off, the caps will power the 2nd relay for a period of time.  that 2nd relay will switch on a 12volt supply to the remote turn-on of my amp and will power the chipcorder that i have the chosen sound on. then the sound is sent to the amp and is played through the outside speaker(but all of that isnt shown, just the basic circuit i need help with).  I am not sure if the capacitors is the solution to power the 2nd realy or not since the first relay will only be turned on for a fraction of a second. Im also not sure(if the caps are the solution) what value of capacitors i need.

Any help is appreciated

Schematic designed, will it work? -- posted image.

JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

i would recommend a large relay for the main power to your caps...a regular 30amp would not work too well...probably melt, otherwise looks fine and would work, you might however suffer from hearing a pop through your speakers everytime your system turns on or off, relays are brutal that way

silentblackhat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
how would the standard 30amp relay melt? thres not much power at all going to them at all.  there is a 300 ohm resistor in them so a total wattage to turn them on is .45 watts each.  The capacitors will only be supplying power for the .45watt enough for about 5 seconds or less.  when the 2nd relay is turned on, it will only b supplying power for the alpine remote turnon and the voice chip, not much power at all.  The total power running through the switch on the realys are way way way under 30 amps.
silentblackhat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
i forgot to mention that the remote turn on is not the power supply of the alpine amp, the remote turn on just tells the amp to turn on, the remote turn on wire from the cd player that 'tells' the amp to turn on is the same 12v signal that im sending to the amp.
silentblackhat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

anyone?

placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
"i forgot to mention that the remote turn on is not the power supply of the alpine amp, the remote turn on just tells the amp to turn on, the remote turn on wire from the cd player that 'tells' the amp to turn on is the same 12v signal that im sending to the amp."
That sorta confused me. Is the remote turn on in the diagram just meant to turn the amp on so the voice chip has something to play through? u might have to put a diode on that line or else when u turn on the amp via cd player it will also put power to the voice chip. I have no knowledge of how the voice chip works. As for caps, i'm sure The Souce wont have what u want, u probly want something from an amp or something (could try a 1F cap but i have no clue how long it would take to discharge)
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

You're going about these caps the wrong way.  If you need to, use a relay to switch the polarity of your remote module's output to positive.  Next, wire up a relay in a latching configuration- fused power to 30, 87 is output, 86 is positive signal from your module, 85 is ground, and put a diode from 87 to 86 (stripe towards 86). 

Now all you need to do is put a cap in series with the coil of the relay- just put it between 85 and ground.  The cap will use the coil as a charging resistor, so the relay will only stay latched until the charging cap causes the coil voltage to drop off enough.  Play around with different value caps until you find one that works for you.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
silentblackhat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
geepherder wrote:

You're going about these caps the wrong way.  If you need to, use a relay to switch the polarity of your remote module's output to positive.

the output of the remote module is positive.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
geepherder used "if you need to" as a qualifier.  So if it's already positive, you don't need to.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
burns25 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
why not just use a pulse timer relay?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic