icon

Viper 791XV, 93 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
goinbig78 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
I recently installed a 791XV in my truck and am having a few problems. Ive dealt with some basic systems before but nothing this sophisticated. First, does the sattalite relay need to splice into the ignition or does it need to completely bypass the existing ignition. Basically I installet it just by splicing the power and ignision wire but I have no response, im wondering if I clip these and only run directly to the relay if it will work.
Second
I was messing around with the alarm testing a fes triggers when all the sudden nothing works. The alarm is silent and still arms but the LED stays lit constantly and nothing triggers the alarm.
Any suggestions
Thanks
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Your in valet mode. Read the manual. It tells you how to take it out of valet mode.
goinbig78 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
OK now I feel dumb, that fixed it. Thanks
But what about the relay, is it intended to bypass the wires or to be spliced in. I connected the 2 red to constant 12v, the starter ouput and starter kill are hooked up, and the pink is spliced into the ignition wire. I have not hooked up the orange nore have I hooked up the pink/white, I dont beleive ther is a second ignistion wire on my 93 f150 but I could be wrong.
So with that hooked up I turn the key and it wont even crank over. When I disconnect the ping it works fine.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Did you connect the skinny red wire with the 15 amp fuse to constant 12v? Fuse ok? Ground wire good? Antenna plugged in? Your battery dead?
No 2nd ignition...accesory in the truck is grey / YELLOW. You will need to connect this if you want the heat to turn on.
When you disconnect the ping???
You should have cut the RED / blue starter wire. The green wire goes to the side coming from the key cylinder. The purple goes to the other side.
goinbig78 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
OK Skinny red is connected to constant 12v, fuse is good. The main harness ground wire and orange ground when armed are grounded together. Antenna is plugged in and battery is good.
The truck has 2 grey / YELLOW wires so which is the correct one or does it matter. I also noticed that the relay has 2 fused constant 12v. I have spliced the 2 wires into one yellow constant 12v on the ignition but just realized there are 4 of these yellow wires.
the PING was supposed to be thing, when I disconnect the pink wire the truck starts.
I also checked the connections for the RED / blue to the relay and all is good.
****EDIT: this post and the following 5 posts moved to this original topic****
goinbig78 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have the green output attached to the pink/lg wire on the doorlock harness and the blue attached to the pink/yel. The wiring diagram for the truck says that the pink/lg is the 12v lovk and the pink/yel is 12v unlock.
Do I have the alarm hooked up properly
Doorlock wiring diagram: http://www.geocities.com/scubagdh/doorlock.gif
791XV Install guide says:
Green = (-) Lock (+) Unlock output
Blue = (+) Lock (-) Unlock output
If its right why doe is not work?
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
What kinda vehicle you're hooking it up to??
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

Be nice to know Year, Make & Model:

Sounds like a FORD.............

Your 791 may require Relays for a stronger Pulse.
Even though the 791 has the ability to change from Negative & Positive Pulse, some vehicles require more amps then the 500ma or less the 791 has

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
goinbig78 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Its a 93 f150
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
mo12v wrote:

Be nice to know Year, Make & Model:

Sounds like a FORD.............

Your 791 may require Relays for a stronger Pulse.
Even though the 791 has the ability to change from Negative & Positive Pulse, some vehicles require more amps then the 500ma or less the 791 has

That's what I was thinking, also. 5-wire door lock situation. Also, doesn't the 791 come with a 451M relay module???
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic