icon

Clifford Arrow 5 alarm stopped working!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SiDogg 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, it has been a LONG time since I posted. I guess that means all has been well up until now, huh? :)
Anyways, this is what happened...
I have an '03 Maxima and I am selling it, so I pulled out my expensive car audio gear, and swapped in a cheapy CD player from Wal-Mart. Everything was fine when I pulled out the old stereo system, for several days. The alarm worked, all lighting worked, etc.. I just had no stereo for a few days until I put the new one in.
I finally got around to putting the new one in this weekend, and that went fine; however, last night as I was locking the car up for the night, I chirped the alarm but instead of chirping twice, it only chirped once. I thought that was odd. Well, today I went to check on it again and it was unlocked and the keyless entry (clifford alarm remote) was not working. The factory keyless however still works.
So I was playing with it a bit in my garage and noticed that when I turned my headlights on, the park lights don't come on, neither did the gauge cluster. That is quite strange.
I checked the fuses under the hood, and found a blown fuse (10amp) for the taillamps. It all made sense now.
I put a new fuse in and it immediately blew once I turned on my taillights again.
I checked the wiring for my stereo (after all, it was the only thing I had messed with) and found I accidentally grounded the stereo to the "illumination" wire from the factory harness. OOPS. So even though my voltmeter told me it was a good ground, I checked on here on the vehicle wiring database and indeed it was illumination, not ground.
So I rewired the ground to my stereo and put a new taillamp fuse in.
ALL IS WELL NOW with the taillights and stereo. :)
BUT then.. I noticed my aftermarket clifford alarm is STILL NOT WORKING!!
All the wires are still plugged in just fine. The fuses look good. Nothing was dorked with.
So what could have happened???
If you have ANY ideas at all, please reply and let me know. I'm desperate. As I said I want to sell this car because I already bought a new one (doh!)... :)
TIA!
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
so your clifford fuses and wiring is ok.
is the led on at all
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Check the remote the battery tends to seperate fom the curcuit board and somtimes needs to be solder back?
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
SiDogg 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Neither of the remotes work, although granted they are ~3 years old.. But the one was never really used, so I'm sure the battery is OK. I suppose it is worth a replacement, though..
The single fuse for the alarm brain seems fine.
The clifford LED is *NOT* flashing whatsoever.. The factory LED is though, like it should... :(
The wiring SEEMS ok, although the Arrow5 has different wiring from the Arrow3, I would imagine, which is what installation sheet they stuck in my box (the wrong one), and all the colors are wrong, so I cannot follow that sheet. The back of the brain has the colors and the few I traced are correct, but all the wires seem hooked up just fine.. :(
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Check with you dmm that ur alarm is even getting power..
"ole blake"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic