Combine turbo timer and aftermarket alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sunnyboy368 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

I am currently attempting to combine a HKS Turbo Timer Type O with an aftermarket alarm. The problem is that the alarm thinks the car is running and will not operate while the turbo timer is countig down. i have come across a relay solution but i am not confident that it will work and i wish to seek advice form the knowledgable members of this community.

I wish to submit the diagrams for the alarm, the turbo timer and also the relay solution that i found fro your inforamtion. Is there any way to do this ?

many thanks for your kind attention

Sunny Boy368

EZ
Sunnyboy368
sunnyboy368 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 4:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,

this is the solution that i found.......
Incidentaly can any one clarify how i can identify the alarm's iginition sensing wire?

i will try to post here the alarm's wiring diagram also....
after reviewing various technical resources, here is the final diagram for integrating a typical turbo timer and an aftermarket alarm that uses an ignition sensing wire.
install notes:
1) Connect the Turbo Timer's Ignition output wire and Cathode side of a 1amp diode to Pin 86
2) Connect a fused 25 amp 12 volt source to Pin 87
3) Cut the Ignition wire in half and connect the Key Side of Ignition wire, Alarm's Ignition sensing wire and Anode side of the 1amp diode to Pin 87A
4) Pin 85 to Ground
5) Pin 30 to Coil Side of Ignition wire
6) Connect the Turbo Timer's Accessory Output wire to the Accessory wire on the Ignition harness
7) Make sure the Alarm's Ignition Sensing Wire is connected to the relay and not anywhere else!!!!
This relay will work with Turbo Timer's that uses the Ignition Output wire to detect whether the vehicle was turned off in order to activate the Turbo Timer.
For G4 alarms that have on board Ignition Kill installed the relay is not needed, just connect the Turbo Timer's Ignition Output wire to the GREEN/ Blue wire off the Clifford's Ignition Output.
If you have any questions feel free to email me!
info@dreamspeedonline.com
netZ
Combine turbo timer and aftermarket alarm -- posted image.
EZ
Sunnyboy368

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic