icon

Re-learn resistance in Passlock II

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

aftermarket disable systems tie into either fuel or passlock wires. Usually you see something attached under the dash. It is those annoying things where you try key on and wait till it chirps and then start it.

so check that also. Disconnect anything that is interupting the factory security wires.

Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP
john ogrady 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you have a Vortec engine.If you do I find the engine can not run below 55 psi fuel pressure.Check your fuel pressure while trying to start the engine.
ExactOh 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I gave this one some time this weekend.  This thing did have a remote starter installed with the aftermarket alarm.  The owner of the vehicle claims that it was installed by the dealer where he purchased the van.  If it wasn't so far away, I would suggest that he tow the thing back there.  It is one of the worst quality install jobs that I have ever seen, with twisted together wires, etc.

I disconnected all wires from the passlock wiring, and connected it back to factory.  I still did not get the van to start.  I did try and start the thing without the yellow data connected to the BCM, and got a different reaction from the security light.

I did look into the fuel pressure issue, and have already replaced the pump in the tank.  At first, that was our only issue, getting only 20 psi of fuel at the injectors.  Now that's not a problem, and we still can't get the injectors to fire.  I am starting to think that it's a bad BCM.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

KLS Glass Tinting & Electronics
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic