icon

subwoofer popping noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
05grandam 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

i am getting a serious popping noise from my subs i think i have tried everything but who knows, any help would be great

thanks

Ryan

dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

It would be easier for people to help if you gave a bit more information in terms of your system, your car, when you hear the sound etc, but by your screen name I can tell you that I have an 04 Grand Am and have the same problem with my subs when I turn my car off or switch the source on my deck.  In my case, I have the factory Monsoon system and am going to have to bypass the factory amp to fix the pop since it's the conflict between the factory amp and the built in amp in my deck that is causing the problem.  This is a common issue when upgrading the sound in Grand Ams.  It could be that you're having a completely separate problem but I thought I'd get you started on possible causes.  For more detailed, Grand Am specific info, check out the Car Audio thread over at www.gaownersclub.com/forum.  There are answers to a lot of questions over there, so poke around and use the search before you post to avoid getting flamed about posting questions that have already been asked.  I'm sure someone will chime in here as well if you provide a bit more detail about your situation.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic