icon

Viper 560xv upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djtripz 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
hey, i have a 560xv remote start installed in my 02 pathfinder.  i was wondering how hard it would be to upgrade to a 791 with the 2way remote.  is it as easy as unpugging the wires from the 560 alarm unit and plugging all the wires into the 791 unit since they are both viper?  any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, its that easy.
Actually, you don't even have to change the alarm unit. Swap the antenna AND antenna cable, then program the new remote and you are done.
djtripz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
wow, u might have just saved me about 300 bucks lol.  are you 100% sure i can just change the antenna and remote? and how hard is it to program the remote?  it has to do with turning the key to on n off and pressing the buttons right? something like that? 1 more thing, do you know where i can buy just an antenna and antenna wire? remotes i know i can get off e-bay.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
The remote should come with programming instructions....
And, yes, it is that easy to change a responder ready unit into a responder. Plug in, and play.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
jonnylee 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, it is that easy to swap from 560->791.Does this mean the barins are the same and the only difference is the remote, antenna and its wire?

I am also curious to know this.

djtripz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know where i can get an antenna with the wire without having to buy the whole unit???  i can't seem to find them anywhere. i even e-mailed a couple of places who told me they don't sell them seperate.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
for abit the price of the antenna, cable and remote. You can buy a 791 on ebay for 200 or less
djtripz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
if worse comes to worse, ill have to do that, but if there is anywhere i can get them cheaper it would be good, i already spent so much on the alarm and making a spare key, anything less expensive is a good thing.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic