icon

Anyone Using Boss Audio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oliver5528 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
I run a small customizing biz.  Just wondering if anyone is using Boss products and if any good.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
An excellent "entry leval" product......
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Very entry level, the kind of stuff you sell to that kid with $50 in his pocket and demands sound, TODAY!  The amp specs are about 4 times too high so you gota keep your eyes on that too.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Im not one to disagree Anyone Using Boss Audio? -- posted image., but one of the local shops in my last place of residents sold it and had nothing but trouble with it. Complete and udder trash was a line I heard come from their mouths every time I talked to them. They made a sub called 2loud and they had good luck with that line of gear but the amps failed on a regular basis. I have good working relationships with the guys that work there and have worked with a couple of ex employees from there and they all say the same thing, not to touch it with a ten foot pole. As for personal experience, I owned one of the 2 loud subs and it worked fine for an entry level driver but I had to put it in a custom ported box because in a basic sealed box it sucked. And people might say that you are always gonna get better results out of a ported box and I agree but the people that buy this gear are generally gonna buy the 60 dollar sealed box to go with it not the 2 hundred dollar box built to spec for the sub. I also owned a pair of speakers and at the price they were sold for I could have done much better.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  

We have that really good stuff here too LOL I would try to avoid it I've had nothing but problems with it in the past,

so just say NOOOO!!

WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
NO......
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
boss tvs suck. 90% of the stereo suck. the only line i like is the EL combo package that has 2 subs ported box and flush amp. we havent had any prob with them
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
I've never owned any Boss equipment but I've heard lots of it. I'd say its on the bottom half of the list,  IMO.
'85 Toy
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

it's on the bottom 1/10th of the bottom 1/2 of the list.....   low end trash for low end customers...

does it fill a niche? yes          would i ever sell it in my shop? no!           i prefer to just refer them directly to Wal-Mart....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
grantd 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2006 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
I picked an amp/speaker wiring kit from them it was trash.   One of the posts (positive terminal) broke off when unplugging them from the head unit. I still use the power wire though, it's a little harder to screw that up.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic