icon

Diamond Audio Speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
faded808 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged  
I just got a set of Diamond HEX S6.0mx3 and wanted to know if anyone has them?? I know its a 3-way set, which Diamond Audio says.... I dont really know how to hook up these speakers since its 3-way... Do I need to buy another set??
faded808 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Just got me a pair of Diamond Hex speakers, its the S6.0 its the 3-way add on....
I am going to buy another set of Diamond hex, s500a or s500s (ALUMINUM or SILK Tweeters) dunno which to get, and then hook it up with the S6.0 midds... I wanted to know how much watts should I use to power them??
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
are you going to be using an amp? You have 2 speakers right? where are they going?
the website is down, check out diamondaudio.com or your manual for power recommendations.
faded808 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
right now its in my 87 mustang hatch... its running of the headunit but when i get the other pairs i am going to buy an amp for them.. was thinking of the JL Slasher 300/2 or the 450/4?? dunno... any suggestions.....
remarkable53 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

i assume that you have the tweeters, 5 1/4" mids and the 6 1/2" mids. With the 3way crossover. I am not sure if the cross overs have the RFA (rear fill attenuation) on them. You would have your full range input to the crossover than from the x/o your leads to the two mid-bass drivers and set up your attenuation jumpers for the tweeters and your done. You should play around with the tweeter placement as it will affect your front stage where did you plan on the 6.5 mid bass being installed at? Try to keep about 4" or so between the 5 & 6" drivers. I have had really good results doing them like that.  I did have some phase issues but got those corrected with a little time and patience.

good luck.....Mark @ Sounds Good to Me .....Tempe,az

remarkable53
faded808 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  

I got the 6 1/2" mids now with I think its a Diamond Hex tweeter... i dont have a rear fill, on the crossover it has a input 1, input 2, mids, and high pass...  so im just gonna get the 5 1/4" pair and hook it up to the 3-way... Im gonna put the 5 1/4" in the doors and the 6 1/4" in a kick panel pod..... and im gonna put the tweeters in the dash or a custom pod on the side mirror......

About the rear fill, it doesnt have it its just on the s500 set, do I need to use these though?? im just gonna keep or change my back speakers and just keep it hooked up to my headunit.... anymore suggestions.... :-) also do you think a 300/2 jl slasher would be good enough to power the set up im gonna do?

what i have -

kenwood kdc-x979 - headunit

JL 250/1 slasher amp for sub

JL 12w3v2

and my other speakers i had before the diamonds are Rockford fosgates Impulse 6 1/2"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic