icon

Viper 791xv or Code Alarm CA670?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hartphoto 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
I'm interested in installing one of these two alarms in my Ford SuperDuty diesel.
The two seem very similar in feature sets, warranty, etc. Understand that DEI makes the Viper (and Clifford), and that AudioVox (?) makes the Code Alarm.
I see more of the 791 posts around here (been lurking a bit), but wondering if anyone has opinions on the Code Alarm products.
Thanks much,
-
hartphoto
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
i have a code alarm installed in my ride for 1 yr 6 month.Never had a problem with it  battery life in the remote is great.The only thing i dont like is the display on the remote.I install  several viper 791 and cliff0rd 3.5 matrix on many customer cars great alarms,but battery life on the remotes suck but cant beat the display i think its the best just my opinion?Viper 791xv or Code Alarm CA670? -- posted image.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

Who will be installing the unit?  I believe DEI voids the warranty for a DIY'er, whille Code Alarm keeps the lifetime warranty no matter who puts it in.  Another thing to consider is range.  I think the 791 is good for 1/4 mile, not sure about the 670.  I have the Code Alarm in my car and think it is a great system.  It does anthing you will ever need it to...except controlling two cars with a single remote. Just my $.02

Keith
hartphoto 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Haven't decided on the install. The two units are basically ~$200 each on eBay. Have done this type of install before, but don't really have the time. It's worth it a bit to me just to have someone else do it, and then let them TS the issues (if there are any). Lifetime warranty both on the units, and the installs (from non chain type auto specialty stores, both in biz for over 20+ years).
The two places are very similar in pricing, with the Code Alarm being ~20% less.
The distance on the Code Alarm remote is 1000 feet, according to their web site and manual.
-
hartphoto
Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Go for the DEI. My boss had a bad experience with code. Seems he was coming out of a wheel shop, hit the disarm button and ended up disarming his and another guys truck too. And as far as customer satisfaction, No issues with DEI, but code alarms come back often to be reprogrammed or just flat out swapped out for new units.
audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I would also recommend the Viper. I own that alarm & went from a DEI retailer to a Code retailer. Remote batt life is a bit better in the Code alarm, but that is all it has over the Viper. The only Viper alarms I have ever seen come back were because an idiot did something way wrong.  I see lots of Code Alarms come back with bad shock sensors, and yes they are owned & produced by Audiovox.
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
hartphoto 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for all the replies.
One more question.....is the Viper 791xv and the Clifford Matrix 3.5 the same unit part for part, but with different colored remotes?
I think so...but just want to make sure.
Thanks again.
-
hartphoto

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic