icon

Viper doing the impossible

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer who has a Viper 300ES that I did not install. He wanted a spare remote which I programmed. Here's the crazy part, both remotes arm and lock the car, the original remote disarms and unlocks the doors but the new remote disarms but does NOT unlock the doors. How is this possible? DEI says what is happening can't happen. HELP..............
There is no such thing as free installation!
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
did you try another remote.
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately I only have one remote, but my question is the alarm is disarming, how can both remotes disarm the alarm and only one unlock the doors?
s_p_n_k_r_07 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not too familiar with that system.  (my own disclamer)

I ran into something similar to that with a Viper771 and somewhere during the programing of the second remote I changed the options for the first remote. It would passive arm if i unlocked it with the first............

Resolve-----clear all remotes programed and re-learn both at the same time it worked out for me, I did have to go back in and re-program all the features the customer wanted though. hope this helps. 

Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
On the viper you can program the buttons individually. It might be that you have only programmed the arm button and still have to programmed the disarm.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
But the second remote IS disarming the system. Two chirps from the siren, LED goes out and I can hear the relays inside the brain clicking. It just doesn't unlock the doors. I'll try reprogramming both remotes again, but I just can't see how this is happening.
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
what kind of car.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
1997 Volvo 850.
bigbully 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
did you check the programming features .... im not sure if that model has the 2 car feature but some alarms do.... if they do each remote may have different features attached to them...there is also a "default standard configuration" on dei alams for remote program... i would try deleting both remotes the re-program them to default one at a time.. i had a problem a while back with a python and it was similar. this solution solved it for me
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe the button on the spare remote is not "disarming" the alarm but instead popping the trunk. I think Excaliburs would disarm the alarm if you went straight to popping the trunk.
i.e. your "disarm" button is acutally "trunk" or "ch. 3" and and is pulsing on the trunk wire and disarming but not unlocking the doors..
LET US KNOW...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic