icon

new to the forum, 98 Lexus GS400 stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
no0p 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone have the wiring info on the stereo, getting ready to install Eclipse avn 5500, need the stereo diagram, and vss please.

reppin' clublexus!
no0p 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
ok all i need now is the VSS.
reppin' clublexus!
no0p 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

whats up everyone... I have been browsing this forum for about a month, very helpful place.

Well I am going to be installing some stuff in my car real soon.. let me start with what I had before

first sound system was in a 99 Mustang GT that consisted of

2 12'' JL audio w3's  being pushed by a PPI 1800.2 in a ported box alpine cva1005 headunit, audio control 3.1 eq/crossover, 2 sets of boston acoustics proseries 6.5 being pushed by a PPI 2150..

my second sound system was in a 00 caddy sts with the following, 3 JL audio w6's v1 being pushed by a PPI 21400.2, 2 sets of boston acoustics proseries 6.5 pushed by PPI 4800.2, alpine IVA 801 headunit, audio control 3.1, and alumapro's cap 5 farad...

both systems were installed by a shop.

Now I want to get ready and install my own sounds in my 98 Lexus GS400... this is what I am going to be using,

headunit: Eclipse AVN5500...     EQ: Audio control 3.1 ... alumapro Cap 5 farad... 1 12'' JL audio w7... being pushed by a PPI 21400.2... 2 sets of Boston acoustics pro60 and 1 extra set of boston acoustics neo .5t tweeters with a PPI 4800.2 running those.. I am also thinking about adding 2 Optima deep cycle batteries.

I will try to being with installing the headunit and the 2 sets of components first until I build me a fiberglass box for the w7.. I want to hook the components up usuing the 4800.2 amp and use the stock sub until I am done building the trunk... So I have a quick question...

How would I wire up the components to the amp since it is a 4 channel amp and I am trying to use 2 sets of boston acoustics and an extra set of neo .5t tweeters  which will add up to 6 crossovers going to a 4 channel amp.  Any help would be appreciated thanks.

reppin' clublexus!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
My suggestion to you is to not run the extra tweeters.  More is not always better, and in many cases can actually be quite worse.  Try playing around with tweeter placement until you come up with something that seems to work best.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

if THIS is the add-on tweeter you're referring to, use the "ambient" crossover setting.  It will cross these tweeters over at about 10 kHz with the regular tweeters so that this will become another part of the component set.  As designed by the manufacturer, there will be no change in the component's impedance, thus it uses the same amplifier channel as the rest of the component set.  You're talking about a M-T-T component set instead of a M-T.  Follow the instructions that come with it, and buy the component set that these will mate with.

And as geepherder suggested, this isn't typically something that you purchase from the start, before the install.  You can select components with the idea that you MAY want to add these, though, which will limit your selection to component sets that are designed to accept this additional crossover function and driver.  I recommend you install the system entirely, adjusting the sound to its best possible, and giving yourself time to make a determination if you feel you need more high freq front soundstage presence before purchasing this add-on set.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
no0p 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help guys... I think I am just going to use the 2 sets of boston acoustics pro 60's without the extra set of tweeters. I am thinking for the from set I will put the 6.5 in the door and the tweeter in the factory tweeter spot, and for the rear just keep the 6.5 and tweeter in the door as a 1 piece.
reppin' clublexus!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
VSS, violet / white at ECU above drivers kick panel. Sounds like a nice system.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic