icon

Messed up outputs on Alpine 9853

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed my new system and this must be my unfamiliarity with Alpine decks. I got a 9853 Alpine deck and what I have is 2 way components in the front and 1 sub, no rears. Components are powered by a 2ch amp, and sub is powered by a mono amp. My rca cables are connected into the correct outputs on the back of the deck, but when I adjust subwoofer level on the deck, then it affects the components, not the sub. Or if I turn off the sub through the deck, then components don't play at all. If I adjust gains on amps, then it adjusts correctly. What could be wrong? Maybe it's the crossover switch on the unit itself? I have it set to the default 2way, not the 3way. I'm kind of confused here.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
You might want to read the whole manual, they are very complicated decks.....but I believe you need to run it in 3 way mode to adjust all indepently. front rear and sub.....I have one in the car but dont remember   haha
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
remarkable53 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
where is the little slide button that is on the top of the deck set at? F/R Sub W on that or the 3/way? Sounds to me you have your RCA's mixed up. Try turning off your subs and seeing what that does. Also on Subsystem 1 or 2 put it on 1 so woofers are volume dependent. good luck i like the time correction on the 9853
remarkable53
Teslank 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

make sure that you plugged the rca cables in the correct outputs of your alpine decks they are clairly marked(_REAR_FRONT_SUB_) i have a 9815 (best alpine IMO) and i can swith to three way mode but it doesnt change at all the outputs..... make sure you check your rcas cables and if it is too much work getting your alpine out of the dash just switch your rca cable between your 2 amps in your trunk should do the trick.

im sure you just maked a mistake while connecting the rca in your dash. check this!

vbel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have it set to 2 way where you have F/R/Sub. I have no rear speakers, so I thought 2 way is what I need.
The rca cables seem to be correct, because if I switch them around, then only my sub plays and no fronts.
I would just go and try different things, but the truck where the system is in, is at a shop right now and I'm not sure when I'm getting it back. So I just wanted to get some opinions while I have nothing to do. Can it be that the deck has a defect?
Teslank 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

verify the rca cables dude. maybe i said *maybe* at the factory they switched the labels on the rca outputs of the alpine deck.

and if the 2 pair or rca cable you use to run to the amp are the same just switch and try..

again your alpine radio cannot be the problem just maybe the tags on the RCAs are switched.

rca isnt complicated they are just plug and play wires so there is no danger to switch them to another amp.

Set-up:
Car: Toyota Corolla 1997
Head-unit: Alpine 9815
Amp: Lightning Audio STORM X1.800.4
Sub: Lightning Audio STRIKE S4.12.4
Front SPK: Phoenix Gold OCTANE-R 6.5 comp.
Rear SPK: Pionneer 6X9
vbel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Well, the outputs from top to bottom are REAR, FRONT, SUB. I use the bottom 2. This is what it says in the manual too. Hopefully I'll have my truck on monday and see what's going on.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic