icon

2-channel amp, boss hc 4000 powerdrive

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zaxbys 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  

i have a  2channel 2000w amp and 2 audiobahn 1208t subs.i was wondering since right now i dnt have the cah to buy upgrades such as alternaters and batteries could i just hook up one sub and run it off one channel of the amp?tthe amp is 2000w and 4000 bridged...and the spaeakers are 1500 rms..im kinda new to this whole audio thing so plzzzzz guys give me serious answers..be gentle.lol

new to car audio
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

For starters.....this amp will NEVER produce 4000watts, for that matter...2000 is a long shot.

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp Look here to get your subs wired correctly. You want to end up with a 4 ohm load.

Wire each DVC to an 8 ohm load, (in series) then wire the 2 together parallel. you will have a 4 ohm load. Bridge the amp.....

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
I agree about the power claim. Always post as much info about the equipment and vehicle that you have. To me I don't know if you have a monster Crossfire amp that is capable of this kind of power or some flea market crapola that is not capable of it. More info every time you post please.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
zaxbys 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

ok i have a boss hc 4000 powerdrive amp and audiobahn 1208t subs..im putting them in a 94 buick regal.

specs for the amp

400w x2 @4ohms

800w x2@2ohms

1500w x2@1ohm

2000w x2@0.5ohms

now do i need to upgrade my alternater or can i run this without upgrade?or can i just hook up one sub on one channel and be ok,or will it hurt the amp

new to car audio
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
well you have the option to run them at 1 ohm, which will put 1500RMS to both the subs. None of the stuff you buy is real watts, so it should match alright. the audiobahn subs, if they say they take 1500, its probably less than 500, same with the amp. Wire everything parallel, get one ohm impedance, and go for it I'd say, but then again I'd never deal with non CEA certified amps, or a-bahn.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
what size fuse does it come with? ;)
and if it pushes anything close to what it says it will, you will need to upgrade the alternator. I'm actually running anywhere from 500-800 on my stock alt without any dimming (the reason i say 500-800 is i'm unsure as to what voltage my amps are seeing), but it'll come soon enough im sure.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

That amp has a real-world power rating of less than 1400 watts when bridged into a 1 ohm load.  It uses 3X40 amp fuses, by the way.  Boss is not a reliable brand.

But yes, you will need to upgrade your alternator.

Support the12volt.com
zaxbys 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

thank you guys for your response,i wired the subs to a 1 ohm load ,,but yall were wrong i didnt not have to upgrade my alternator

new to car audio
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  

but yall were wrong i didnt not have to upgrade my alternator

Now that is a bit harsh,2-channel amp, boss hc 4000 powerdrive -- posted image. like they all said befor if that amp even came close to the power rating it claims you would end up frying your altenator in a sort period of time with the demands of the rest of your electrical equipment. Most of the members here know what they are talking about and have been doing this for years.

zaxbys 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  

im sorry u took it wrong i was nt being rude....i said thank you for the info they were rite bout amp just wrong bout alternater

new to car audio
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic